GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if once you put in a name tag through Mapquest or Google Maps and you send it to the car, how do you delete the address from the Onstar listing that you have saved in the car. I have talked to Onstar and they say there is no way to delete it. They has to be a way to totally take it out of the system. Thanks for all who answer this.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Beagleman said:
I want to know if once you put in a name tag through Mapquest or Google Maps and you send it to the car, how do you delete the address from the Onstar listing that you have saved in the car. I have talked to Onstar and they say there is no way to delete it. They has to be a way to totally take it out of the system. Thanks for all who answer this.
This is an area I'd like to know more about also. Bear in mind that I don't have the NAV option; I just have the standard turn-by-turn that's in the SLE-2.

But at least in mine, I believe that there are two different listings. The vehicle itself can save destinations with name tags (using the "store route" function, if I recall correctly). Those can be deleted similar to how a phone number is deleted. I'm not sure how many destinations like this the system will store; I've read 30 but I'm not sure if that's right.

Then there's the Mapquest or Google Maps destinations. I found through trial on error that the OnStar system's virtual advisor saves about 5. They are the most recent ones. As you add new ones, the older ones drop off. And I am not aware of any way to delete those other than as they drop off.

Accessing the two lists means knowing which list the destination was stored to: was it a route that was stored from the vehicle with "store route"; if so it's accessed with "plan route". But if it was loaded from Mapquest or Google Maps, then it has to be accessed through the virtual advisor commands.

And here is a related question: if I load a destination from Google Maps, can I use "store route" to save it while it is accessed so that I have it for future use after it rolls off the most recent list?

If anybody has more information on this, including a full command set, I'd like it too.

Thanks... and hope this is some help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You are correct that the car will store the 5 most recent e-Nav destinations you send from either Google or Mapquest. The whole deleting thing is a bit complicated though, and the system seems to have a major bug involving it. The issues are with the system itself and there is a thread on the Traverse forum about them (http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=1281.0).

Google is out for any sort of managing since GMaps only lets you send destinations to your car and that is it. With Mapquest, you can see the 5 most recent destinations that are saved on your vehicle and theoretically can delete them, but that's where it becomes tricky. A bug with the system requires you to keep at least one destination saved (If you delete them all at once, you will see if you log out/in to Mapquest they will all reappear). Some other people have had issues with certain destinations never deleting unless replaced with another destination in the same city. So you're always going to get the "I see you have a new destination saved for XXXX, would you like driving directions there now?" Virtual Advisor prompt no matter what because one of your destinations will always remain in the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to mapquest and put in the new destination and sent it to the car but i did not see the icon for the trash can to delete a old address. How do you do it from mapquest and please make it easy for me. I saw the onstar number and password box but no trash can. Please explain it to me again. According to the link that you posted before it was only for the Traverse and not the Equinox. I will be waiting for your reply. I just want to delete one address!

·
Registered
56 Posts
From OnStar eNav Support Page. Does this help?

eNav with Google Maps and MapQuest
How to use eNav
Sending eNav destinations
eNav with Google Maps
eNav with MapQuest
Troubleshooting eNav
How to use eNav

You can send up to five destinations to your vehicle and retrieve them individually. Once you have reach your first destination, you can retrieve your next destination by pressing the Hands-Free Calling button, saying "Virtual Advisor" and following the prompts. If you send more than five destinations to your vehicle the oldest destination will be deleted. To remove a destination downloaded to your vehicle, push your Hands-Free Calling button and say "Cancel route."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The question that I would like answered is how do you delete the routes that are in the car and what is the way to delete them through MapQuest? In a previous post it says that there is a trash can on Mapquest and then you click on that but I see no trash can.

What is the way to delete things on Mapquest that you have already sent to the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts