GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a line on some vent visors (I think they're called) ....maybe it's vent shades...anyway I'm sure you all have seen them. Some fasten on with velcro along the top edge of the window, others, like the WeatherTec ones, slip in the window channel, with no velcro and are really sharp. They allow you to keep the window open a bit, say in the rain, without getting wet! Also great for ventilation when car parked in the hot sun. I've had the WeatherTec vent visors on my last 3 or 4 vehicles and have been completely satisfied. The last time I called them, they said they weren't yet available for the Terrain or Nox. I sure wish they would hurry up....we really miss them on our Terrain.
Maybe someone knows of another manufacturer that makes the in-channel ones for our vehicles?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I installed the in channel kind on my Nox. The do adhear with a double stick tape in the channel. A word of caution. The front pillars are prettty wide and do tend to obstruct your vision and the air deflectors increase the size of the blind spot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is what I put on my Nox last week. Plus here below is the thread for my pictures. My pictures are the last ones.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=335.0

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1739A0A0A3231534.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/61A4411A0A0A3231534.aspx

Here is another word of warning concerning the vent visors. I had my Nox parked in Lowes parking lot for about an hour and rolled the windows down just as I started driving. The vent visor toward the hot Houston sun came down a little and had to be reset before the window would go all the way up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting about the double stick tape for installing in the window channels....none of the WeatherTec visors I've owned came with tape. They never came down in the heat, or gave me any problems whatsoever. In fact, the ones on my 2001 Silverado are still fine and functioning like new after 9 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
reubenray - Overall have you been happy with your Vent Visors and would you recommend them to someone thinking about getting them who lives in Hotlanta?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a pair of AVS vent visors from AutoZone last week. They are OK, but sure not the quality of workmanship the the Weathertec products are. But I will keep them on, (very useful in rainy weather or to leave windows down a bit while parked in the sun, until Weathertec comes out with a set to fit the Terrain. I may be repeating here, but I have used the Weathertec visors on about 4 other vehicles (still have them on my 2001 Silverado) and have been very pleased.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think the stick on ones ruin the look of the 'Nox/Terrain because it interrupts the look of the chrome around the windows. I saw one today and it looked pitiful.

·
Registered
111 Posts
bballr4567 said:
I think the stick on ones ruin the look of the 'Nox/Terrain because it interrupts the look of the chrome around the windows. I saw one today and it looked pitiful.
+1, if you're going to install them, definetly go with the in-channel type.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah i'm going with in-channel, and waiting on the WeatherTec's to come out.....whenever that may be (you can sign up on their site to be notified when a specific new product is released).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Ours were purchased and installed by dealer, over top of chrome.
Looks nice and does the job, we are happy and don't even notice them.
I admit the in channel ones look cleaner but they were not available when we purchased ours.

One thing I don't like about in channel, no matter if they are 1mm or 3mm thick, they are going to crush the felt or whatever is at the top of the window.
It will never be the same and you won't have a positive seal should you decide to go with no visors somehwere down the road.
Just my 2c and my justification for not going with the in channel ones cuz I'm too lazy to change over.
;D 8) :eek:

·
Registered
977 Posts
I decided to put Chrome inserts on the exterior door pillars. I do like vent visors so I can keep the windows open in hot weather but not after I installed the inserts. I had OEM 3M tape attached ones on my VUE. After 8 years one corner came a little loose but you can buy the 3M tape at Autozone or other parts stores

1 - 11 of 11 Posts