Added some accessories:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up a 2019 2.0T Premiere and was thinking about adding splash guards, the 19' tires throw a lot of dirt. I'm wondering how did the install go?

Is there enough room behind the tire to work or do they need to come off?

·
Registered
126 Posts
We installed Weathertech front splash guard on our 2018 Premier which has 19 inch wheels. Easy install with no need to remove front wheels. They have been on over 20,000 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just picked up a 2019 2.0T Premiere and was thinking about adding splash guards, the 19' tires throw a lot of dirt. I'm wondering how did the install go?

Is there enough room behind the tire to work or do they need to come off?

One of the first steps in installing the factory splash guards is to remove the wheel. It is necessary, as there are a couple of holes to drill in the fender liner.

The guards appear to be good quality, and fit perfectly if you follow the instructions. Really they are simple to install.

Note that there is no front factory splash guards listed as an accessory for the gen 3 Equinox.

·
Registered
21 Posts

One of the first steps in installing the factory splash guards is to remove the wheel. It is necessary, as there are a couple of holes to drill in the fender liner.

The guards appear to be good quality, and fit perfectly if you follow the instructions. Really they are simple to install.

Note that there is no front factory splash guards listed as an accessory for the gen 3 Equinox.

Thanks, I couldn't find any install instructions online so I wasn't sure if they were attached using factory screws or if you had to drill a couple of new holes.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I couldn't find any install instructions online so I wasn't sure if they were attached using factory screws or if you had to drill a couple of new holes.
The installation has you drilling two 11/64 holes per side, and using existing hardware, along with some supplied screws and clips. You'll also need a T-15 Torx driver for all of the screws.

If you look the part up under accessories on Chevy's website, the install info is listed with the product info if you scroll down further on that page. The instructions aren't for this exact model, but are very similar to the included instructions.

I believe the factory guards are attractive and fit well, but probably aren't super effective at keeping the vehicle any cleaner; may help slightly with paint chipping in that area. Again, more show than go!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with Weathertechs for the window visors and Huskys for the floor and flaps. No drilling for the flaps with the Huskys.
I would rather have WeatherTech vent visors, as I believe they are a little better quality wise, but they aren't available for a gen 3 (2018-2019) Equinox. The GM accessory vent visors are made by Lund, and are available in channel or external mount.

The ones I have in the photo are GM/Lund in channel style.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts