GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I finally got my new GMC Terrain and its the greatest! :) I have a question, the dealer mentioned something about getting me the Valet key before I left, I got my two spare keys (switchblade key with the keyfob built in). Did anybody else get another key set or spare with theirs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I asked about a spare key without the keyfob to keep in my wallet just in case i want to manually unlock the door if i forget my keys in the Terrain... He said that he can order a new key with the fob and not pair it with the Terrain... I think it is bullshit... He want me to pay the big price... I will go to my local locksmith to see it is possible to make a spare key...

·
Registered
37 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
I asked about a spare key without the keyfob to keep in my wallet just in case i want to manually unlock the door if i forget my keys in the Terrain... He said that he can order a new key with the fob and not pair it with the Terrain... I think it is bullshit... He want me to pay the big price... I will go to my local locksmith to see it is possible to make a spare key...
Just call OnStar and have them unlock it if you happen to lock your keys in. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Whenever I use a manual key to unlock the door, my alarm goes off. Not sure why.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also asked about a key (valet type) that I can use when towing the Terrain behind a motor home. Only thing available is a fob key. I ordered it and now there having to try and find a person that knows what their doing to laser cut the key. It will not be programed for anything. Just used to turn the ignition to acc to unlock the steering wheel. Not suppose to start if not programmed. Kind of expensive for a key that really doesn't do anything??

·
Registered
24 Posts
moofy said:
Whenever I use a manual key to unlock the door, my alarm goes off. Not sure why.
Mine to, I have not had a chance to go through the book to find out if I need to change something or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts