GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i've noticed a slight squealing noise on my 2010 V6. It is only at idle, anything above idle and it goes away. if i'm idling and it is making the noise...nothing changes with AC mode, or if i move the steering wheel.

I can't hear it in the vehicle...only if i get out, or i pull into my garage with the windows open.

Dealer says they don't hear anything...i'm thinking its because its too loud in the shop.

Its not a noise that bugs me...more worries me. I opened the hood with it idling and i can hear it near the passenger side...kinda by the air filter...more in between the block and the filter.

its not very loud...just a constant noise at idle....

anyone else with a V6 notice this? or is it worth another dealer trip?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
djmodifyd,
I would definitely recommend seeing your dealer again if you are worried and think there maybe a problem. I would definitely keep the vehicle outside of the shop if you think its to loud inside for the technician to hear the noise. I would recommend speaking with the service desk, explaining your situation and asking to have a technician come out side to hear this noise. Please keep me updated on your progress.
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
698 Posts
My new Terrain does it too. Old one didn't.

I think it's the A/C compressor. It's not something I'm too worried about, though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think mine does it also, I was told by a freind who is a mechanic that most GM vehicles do that after a short period of time and there is nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts