GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Newbie here.. Just got my SLT2 and couldn't be happier!

So... the sales person told me the engine is a Cadillac engine, my old CTS had a 2.8 and it does sound and humms very-very similar. Is it true the Terrain has a Cadillac engine in it?

Thanks
Gaspar

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
oracle said:
Hi,

So... the sales person told me the engine is a Cadillac engine, my old CTS had a 2.8 and it does sound and humms very-very similar. Is it true the Terrain has a Cadillac engine in it?

Thanks
Gaspar
I think the same Direct Injected Variable Valve Timing V6 is shared by all the Thetas.
It's a 3.0, new design, not like your CTS with a 2.8 as far as I know.
The Cadillac SRX Compact Crossover SUV offers or will soon offer a turbo version that boasts more horsepower than the V6.
I think for now the Turbo will only be available for the Cadillac.

·
Registered
315 Posts
oracle said:
Hi,

Thanks
Gaspar

The 3.0 HFV6 is a first year engine (2010), its based of the HF family of V6's designed by Holden/GM US. This engine comes in the Buick LaCrosse, Caddy CTS, Theta's (Equinox, Terrain, SRX) and Holden uses it in Commodore (what the Pontiac G8 was).

If you wish to read up on the "engine family" some good info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

Personally the HFV6 engine family imho are some of the most advanced engines to date. Especially the LLT and LF1 (3.6 Direct Injection and 3.0 Direct Injection). This little engine puts out 88hp/liter, which is pretty impressive, and runs an very high 11.7:1 compression ratio. Turbocharging options will be available soon, which makes me wish I went ahead and pushed for an AWD version lol....Who needs a 3.43 final when you have small turbos to build up torque @ the low rpms and 4.48 gearing in 1st on the tranny!

·
Registered
446 Posts
The 3.0 V6 is the base engine in the SRX. Cadillac offers the 2.8 V6 in a turbo form as an upgrade to the little Caddy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts