GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2010 Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD Terrain since Feb and I recently took it on a 5 hr drive up to Maine and both up and back gave me 26.5 mpg. This was 95% cruise control set between 65-68 with some manual throttle for passing, stops, tolls, etc. Gas: 87 octane

I'm very pleased with the mileage that I'm getting both in the city and on the highway.

How's everyone elses mileage been so far?

Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thank you very much for your post... This is what i've ordered a SLT-2 V6 and i was a little nervous about the gas mileage...

I'm supposed to get my Terrain next week or early the week after...

I am really impatient to get it :) This truck is fuc"$% nice :)

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm only getting 17/18 mpg. No highway or city driving ..... just suburban driving. That's about what i was getting in my Aztek. I wish it was better, but I am kind of a lead foot type driver so i only have myself to blame.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GARYD said:
I'm only getting 17/18 mpg. No highway or city driving ..... just suburban driving. That's about what i was getting in my Aztek. I wish it was better, but I am kind of a lead foot type driver so i only have myself to blame.
Ditto, we're @ 17.5 mpg after 4200 or so miles.
First oil change today to synthetic.
THinking of resetting the Average MPG computer.
Wife and I are both leadfoot, albeit safe, drivers (knock on wood) mostly driving in suburbia.
We know we could get better by watching the instantaneous MPG zoom up into the 30's when we travel at steady throttle or cruise control.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've got about 7,000 km on my SLT-2. It's probably the heaviest of all Terrains and I've not been able to get any better than 11.7 L/100km mixed driving. Strangely it dropped 0.1 after I switched to Mobil 1 oil.

I'm happy. It's the best mileage I've ever experienced in any of my vehicles, ever...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you guys with a V6 AWD model give us an update on your mileage (with driving habits, of course). I am interested in this model and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks -

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I think my post and gearheads post are what you can be looking at.
I have EVERY option on my AWD SLT-2 Terrain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
GARYD said:
I think my post and gearheads post are what you can be looking at.
I have EVERY option on my AWD SLT-2 Terrain.
Sooo... what gas mileage are you getting now on your v6 AWD? The same? That is my question...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I4 Ecotec, AWD here..

Have about 200 miles total on it so far.
DIC says 20.6 MPG Avg. All City miles.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
street-terrain said:
Sooo... what gas mileage are you getting now on your v6 AWD? The same? That is my question...
We just had an oil change (Castrol Synthetic) recently (4 - 6 weeks ago??) and I think we're still around 17.5 MPG if memory serves.
Suburbs/city driving 95%.
Both of us are leadfoots, LOL!
Mostly 87 octane gas (95% of the time, when it's low price I'll throw in some 89 or 91/92 octane for giggles).
Probably average 600 miles/month.

Odometer probably around 4800 miles.
Will check on the weekend and post back.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Still the same as my original post. I don't think it's going to get much better.......unless I drive more moderately. ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked my SLT1, V6, up on April 24, have gone through about six tanks of fuel so far. Have used nothing but 87 Octane. Car seems to run ok with this octane, no spark knock. I live in a rural area and my driving is confined to medium speeds 50 to 60 mph, very little city driving. So far I have averaged between 23 and 26 MPG. Those averages are calculated the DIC is between .5 and 1 MPG higher. So far very happy with the mileage. Got about 22 MPG on my Dodge Van which also had a V6 FWD. I think I will stick with this one.

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm getting 12.1 l/100km avg - I have a pretty heavy foot though.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
poorboy1942 said:
I picked my SLT1, V6,[/color] up on April 24, have gone through about six tanks of fuel so far. Have used nothing but 87 Octane. Car seems to run ok with this octane, no spark knock. I live in a rural area and my driving is confined to medium speeds 50 to 60 mph, very little city driving. So far I have averaged between 23 and 26 MPG. Those averages are calculated the DIC is between .5 and 1 MPG higher. So far very happy with the mileage. Got about 22 MPG on my Dodge Van which also had a V6 FWD. I think I will stick with this one.

Bob
Is it a FWD or AWD?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gearhead said:
We just had an oil change (Castrol Synthetic) recently (4 - 6 weeks ago??) and I think we're still around 17.5 MPG if memory serves.[/color]
Suburbs/city driving 95%.
Both of us are leadfoots, LOL!
Mostly 87 octane gas (95% of the time, when it's low price I'll throw in some 89 or 91/92 octane for giggles).
Probably average 600 miles/month.

Odometer probably around 4800 miles.
Will check on the weekend and post back.[/color]
Just checked, we're at 17.4 MPG.
MPG calculator has never been reset.
So, it's pretty much as advertised by GM and overall we are very impressed with everything about the Terrain.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have a book I use to enter miles between fillups/gals. of gas/cast per gal/total cost/ and MPG. I have done that ever since I got out of the service where I had to do that daily. Habbits are hard to break. ;D

My Aztek got the same milage. In the winter I would get anywhere from 14 to 16 mpg and in the summer I would get 17 to 18 mpg on suburban driving. Highway I would get in the upper 20's. Now that summer is almost here, maybe I'll get better milage....if I could just learn to keep my speeds down. LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
awd v6 slt1 here,

I have only burned 3 tanks of gas the dic read 22 for the first tank, doing the math it was really 21 something.
The 2nd tank read right at 20 this was close enough for govt work.
the third tank was 18 . Most of the first 2 tanks were highway the last tank was alot of inter city driving.
So far I cant complain

1 - 20 of 88 Posts