GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the answer to this is no, but...

• Any way to change the layout of the individual screens on the DIC? For example, I'd like to see my speed, instantaneous fuel economy, and remaining mileage on the tank on the same screen.
  • Any way to change the voice of the bluetooth system? She sounds nice and all, but would love to have Homer Simpson tell me I have a telephone call...

Happy New Year, BTW. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
prixGTP has done similar stuff. He is planning to offer his services at some point to hack systems and alter things like that. look him up.

M

·
0 Posts
Ya, I heard of people doing some hack mods on the screen.
Would be nice if GM just hired some young co-op university/college student computer programmer to write a small software progam interface to customize your DIC.

I'd like to see average and instantaneous fuel economy on the same page. I'd also like to leave everything in Metric except the page for tire pressure to read in imperial, psi...and NO...I don't want to have to go through the system each and every time to switch it over to imperial to read my tire pressure and then switch it back. Who the F uses pascals for tire pressure anyway...even when you're in Canada and on the metric system.

I'm sure a lot of old timers would want to read km/hr but also at the same time view the fuel economy in miles/gal...which they may relate to better.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mmarges said:
Ya, I heard of people doing some hack mods on the screen.
Would be nice if GM just hired some young co-op university/college student computer programmer to write a small software progam interface to customize your DIC.

I'd like to see average and instantaneous fuel economy on the same page. I'd also like to leave everything in Metric except the page for tire pressure to read in imperial, psi...and NO...I don't want to have to go through the system each and every time to switch it over to imperial to read my tire pressure and then switch it back. Who the F uses pascals for tire pressure anyway...even when you're in Canada and on the metric system.

I'm sure a lot of old timers would want to read km/hr but also at the same time view the fuel economy in miles/gal...which they may relate to better.
GM doesnt need to hire anyone to do that stuff. They made it all capable already. GM locks us out for some reason, and im sure some of those capabilities will be added in later years to add "features".

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dave25 said:
some of those capabilities will be added in later years to add "features".
Bank on it. Gotta leave room for upgrades and give people a reason to buy a new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts