GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By default my Kingston Data Traveler 101 8gb is formatted fat32. I loaded it up with 733 songs using MediaMonkey.
How long does system indexing take? I can play the music but search,albums,artist are not accessible due to indexing.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a long process due to # of songs?
I've taken 15 minute drives and still indexing.l
Non-Nav Pioneer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have about 30 albums on a 4 gig thumb drive and it takes about 5 minutes to index. I have two of these drives loaded with different styles of music. I haven't tried using the second drive yet. I'm wondering if once the drive is indexed and I switch drives if it has to index the same drive the next time it is played? I know adding more albums will cause it to index the next time it is plugged in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My iPod has eh.. about 4-5 gb on it.. it takes about 10 seconds to index. This might be different from a regular usb drive though

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a brief moment when it appeared indexing was done.Files,albums,artists etc...were all available.

On next start up,usb indexing was back at it. I leave the flash drive in the port.

Would be nice if indexing would be finished or a more defined usb indexing process was explained by GM

UPDATE.....I can hook up my 2gen Iphone and everything is recognized
Kingston flash still indexing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts