GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this with you all, 2010 SLE2 when connecting with the USB port mine all of a sudden stopped reading the ipod within the iPhone for a couple of days, reconnected it and now seems to be OK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same model here, and I have had similar issues. Mine has always worked, but when you list by album, or artist, etc, it takes forever to load up, and and clunky interface on the SLE2(no nav). When you pick a letter, then album, then it lists other albums after that, when it should display songs, etc. Granted I have a good 15GB of songs, but I wish you could use the Iphone interface for navigating through selections.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I see your iPod not working and raise you an iPod hanging and even the entire system hanging. This is on my 2011 Equinox, pioneer no nav. Let me describe the 3 issues I've seen in order of severity:

1. Playing XM, connect iPhone to USB, no problem until I unlock the phone to find an address, which causes the stereo to switch to the iPod. Happens every time. Minor annoyance.

2. Get a phone call while using the iPhone or right after plugging it in. Phone hangs for about 3 seconds, won't answer the call, won't ring anymore. Then it answers but it's not using the handsfree. Put the phone to my ear and answer, then 5 seconds later it switches to the handsfree. Has happened twice. Major annoyance.

3. Plug the phone in, start listening to the iPod, then try to make a phone call. Just one ring, then silence. Hung up, tried again. One ring, then silence but the entire system is hung. Stereo won't switch sources, won't turn off, no voice commands, no onstar, nothing. Unplugged the phone, pressed the off button for seconds, nothing. Had to pull over and turn off the car, open the driver door then restart (windows anyone?). Fortunately only happened once. I wonder is crash detection would still work while in that state. Showstopper.

Anyway, I still love the car, I'm mentioning this to the service guy tomorrow to see I there are any TSBs or anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts