GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slt1, the usb and aux ports stopped working. I could not even select them on the radio. I had the recall done and the dealer traced the wires and cleaned the connections and they worked for a few days, now they have stopped working again. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you able to select the usb even when there is nothing plugged in? I cannot even select them, it's as if they are disabled...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had this happen once with the USB connected to an iPod. It worked fine, then I turned the car off and then the next time I turned the car on it didn't recognize it. I unplugged the iPod and plugged it back in and it worked. Haven't had the issue again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do not have the nav system and mine stopped working one day. Same problem as described, no response from radio when pushing aux button. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the module in the console and everything has been working since then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As mentioned before I had the module in the console replaced and everything worked fine. That changed yesterday, I pressed aux. and got a message "no device" I opened the console to confirm my ipod was connected and it was. I unplugged it and presses aux. - nothing, no message no nothing. Tried a couple of things and still no response so I went straight to the dealer. That said they were going to contact GMC and see if anyone else is experiencing this problem. If you have or had this problem I am asking two things, did you get it fixed and if so what did they do to repair. I am thinking it is a programing problem but I am just guessing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I tried both my ipod touch and nano. Both do not work and in all scenarios I get to response when I push the AUX botton. I am waiting for the dealer to get back with me. Also note that the first time it went out would work from time to time and in fact was working when I took it in to replace the USB port. I let them replace it so at least if it happened again I/they would know that was not the problem. I have an appointment for 2/24 for them to look at it. Any advice would help. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
desuz54 said:
Yes I tried both my ipod touch and nano. Both do not work and in all scenarios I get no response when I push the AUX botton. I am waiting for the dealer to get back with me. Also note that the first time it went out would work from time to time and in fact was working when I took it in to replace the USB port. I let them replace it so at least if it happened again I/they would know that was not the problem. I have an appointment for 2/24 for them to look at it. Any advice would help. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
desuz54 said:
As mentioned before I had the module in the console replaced and everything worked fine. That changed yesterday, I pressed aux. and got a message "no device" I opened the console to confirm my ipod was connected and it was. I unplugged it and presses aux. - nothing, no message no nothing. Tried a couple of things and still no response so I went straight to the dealer. That said they were going to contact GMC and see if anyone else is experiencing this problem. If you have or had this problem I am asking two things, did you get it fixed and if so what did they do to repair. I am thinking it is a programing problem but I am just guessing. Thanks for the help.
I have not gone back to get them fixed yet, **** snowstorms, etc. The funny thing was the second time they stopped working, I had turned the car on and they were working, pulled in the garage and shut the car off. Car was only for about a minute, the next morning "no device found", maybe I messed them up by only having power on for such a short time?

Side note, does anyone have a seagate my passport portable drive connected and working?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is the Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB, it has about 140 GB of music on it. Once the ports gets fixed, hopefully it will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is the latest for my problem. I took it in today and they said that the media control module was not responding. If course they had to order one and it should only take a few days so I will update once it is replaced. I hope this helps others with similar problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SnowItch said:
That's quite a bit. I would guess that you have more than 10,000 songs. According to the owner's manual (hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet), the maximum songs recognized will be 10,000. Just wanted to give you a heads up if it only recognizes 10,000.
I understand, I have a 8GB flash drive that I may use instead, once it gets fixed I hope.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what I understand is it is in between the port and the radio located under the console side panel. So in answer to your question it is not the usb port or the radio but somewhere in between. When it gets replaced I will provide all the info that I get from the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally went back to service, they reset the radio and ordered a multimedia control module (backordered) so I will be making another trip in the future...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my update on the aux problem. I went back to the dealer and they replaced what they call the media control module and so far so good. I hope that is the end of that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had the same thing done and so far so good. I have a 32 gb flash drive coming in the mail so i hope I can get through the entire playlist without any problems...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2,500, I don't have my manual in front of me, but I swore it said 10,000. If it is only 2,500, I'm glad I did not open it yet. I will check the manual again..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts