GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
08 LS AWD Summit white(SOLD), 07 Torrent FWD Black, 05 Pursuit Sedan, '16 F150 XLT Sport Blue Flame
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 08 LS AWD in 2019 with a blown headgasket for 750 cash, repair history since 2011. Previous owner maintained it very well, which is the only reason I bought it. Fixed it along with the brakes, passenger seat sensor, along with some other odds and ends. Tinkered with it for about 3 months, it was my second car so i was not in any rush to get it finished.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Since I wasnt crazy over chrome, I decided to make a hybrid of a blackout and the 08/09 sport models and this is what I came up with
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

White plastidip chrome portions and black plastidip bowties. Ebay blackout headlights which I do NOT recommend. They would never aim properly, and started to condensate 3 months after purchase. Still was better then the originals.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Same thing on the back bowtie trim. Also dipped the text, VHT tailights, LED plate lights, tinted plate covers (One good thing about ontario), aftermarket reverse camera, later repaired the wiper motor.
Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Also added 17" torrent wheels with 225/65 Kumho sense tires, which IMHO are really good budget friendly all seasons that performed perfectly fine with AWD...until my transfer case went as a result of a faulty driveshaft. I work in new home construction and was able to fit 2 packs of owens corning insulation in the trunk. This thing kicked ass as a work/daily driver!! Also, one exception to my dislike for chrome is the door handles, which i think looked really really good with the white.
I sold it about a month ago to a mechanic friend after it needed struts and some other odds and ends that I just didn't want to fork out for. Car was at 300,000KM's and served me 51,000 relatively trouble free km's. I decided to upgrade to something bigger, and didnt like what GM had to offer nor Ram or Toyota so....
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire

Upgrade to a beautiful "Blue Flame" 2016 F-150XLT 5.0 long bed Sport. Equinox served me very very well. Still going to be active as i hunt down a coolant issue with my moms 07 torrent, but though i'd share a unique take on a first gen, a car next to nobody modifys.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Stepping into a pick-up with today's gas prices? At least you went with the V8 instead of the TT V6. If you are going to suffer with crappy fuel economy, might as well enjoy the sound of burning those hydrocarbons!

Reactions: nick_leroux

·
Registered
08 LS AWD Summit white(SOLD), 07 Torrent FWD Black, 05 Pursuit Sedan, '16 F150 XLT Sport Blue Flame
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stepping into a pick-up with today's gas prices? At least you went with the V8 instead of the TT V6. If you are going to suffer with crappy fuel economy, might as well enjoy the sound of burning those hydrocarbons!
Exactly lmao. Honestly, it costs very little extra the the equinox did. It costs a little over double to fill, but i get at least double the mileage while being kind to the gas pedal. I only ever step on when merging on the highway or if someone tries to be a d*ck and overtake me. I paid for 8 cylinders imma use them. It says 18L per 100KM or 13MPG for the past 1000KMs and Ive put 2000/2500KMs on since I bought it.

That being said, I do remote start it every day for work, and do largely city driving. Id say 70% city 30% highway. I fill it every 2 weeks, but would fill the nox every week. I knew what I was getting into when I signed the dotted line lol. In my area, gas is about $1.50 give or take a litre, or 5/5.50 a gallon. Its not nearly as horrendous as I thought in all honesty. i didn't think that an aluminum body would make a huge difference, but compared to a similar 2011-2014 5.0, its considerably better.

But that 5.0 does sound really good, I have to give ford that much. I am an LS guy at heart tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts