GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems my new Equinox has a speaker issue, when I play the radio with any type of base sound, I hear a bad vibe/rattle.
I'll have to try to isolate the cause on the weekend. I'm kind of assuming is a speaker issue, anyone else experience this issue ?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: Likely 1st Warranty issue

The issue is plastic door panel + speaker + little or no insulation. Do you have the base stereo setup or one of the upgraded systems?

·
Registered
153 Posts

Just for everyone's reference.. what volume setting (number displayed on screen) when you first notice it? How far up is the bass?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have the base system, and the volume is not up high at all. It only happens with heavy base. Hopefully it is just something loose, I can then fix it myself. I'll report back when I check into it further.

·
Registered
162 Posts

My door panels vibrate and buzz a lot at high volumes. I have the pioneer system, which will put out a lot of bass from the front 6.5" door speakers. I'm thinking of putting dynamat inside the door panels, on both the metal door and the plastic door panel.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well I checked into the vibration issue and found the rear passenger door has some kind of loose object in it. I can give the inside door panel some
light hits and I hear something rattleing around behind the inside plastic door handle assy. It's only noticable with the speaker blaring out music.
No simple way to fix, so I'll get it looked at eventually by the Dealer. Thanks for the previous info.

·
Registered
162 Posts

EquinoxFF1063 said:
Well I checked into the vibration issue and found the rear passenger door has some kind of loose object in it. I can give the inside door panel some
light hits and I hear something rattleing around behind the inside plastic door handle assy. It's only noticable with the speaker blaring out music.
No simple way to fix, so I'll get it looked at eventually by the Dealer. Thanks for the previous info.
It's easy to take the door panels off and poke around inside there yourself. Maybe you'll find a coke bottle inside there like the old days... But you are right, might as well have the dealer take it apart.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Or a beer can, or an empty pint..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Nutz1 said:
It's easy to take the door panels off and poke around inside there yourself. Maybe you'll find a coke bottle inside there like the old days... But you are right, might as well have the dealer take it apart.
Can the panel be popped off without having to replace those plastic rivet type things that secure the panel to the door?

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the link, but boy, do I feel like a fool. I went out to check it out again, sure enough I wrap the panel, something is flapping around.....
Seems that my daughter left a pen in the the door storage compartment weeks ago, hidden from view !!! No warranty issue at all !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting an oil change, tire rotation, alignment, wash & gloss treatment as we speak. I also brought up the rattle from the right rear door when I'm listening to something with some bass. I can confirm there was no pen or anything in the door, so it does make me feel like there's an issue with the door compartment, or I may have blown my speaker in some respect.

Either way, I'll update you once they finish with the work.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
unccman said:
I'm getting an oil change, tire rotation, alignment, wash & gloss treatment as we speak. I also brought up the rattle from the right rear door when I'm listening to something with some bass. I can confirm there was no pen or anything in the door, so it does make me feel like there's an issue with the door compartment, or I may have blown my speaker in some respect.

Either way, I'll update you once they finish with the work.
Continue to keep us posted and feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Continue to keep us posted and feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
They are ordering a new speaker. He didn't give me any additional information I can pass on but it should be here in a couple days.

It turned out to be a great experience this morning. Thanks for checking in, Tricia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts