GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say im driving to pick someone up the doors are locked how do i unlock them while sitting in the drivers seat with the car on i cant find a lock unlock button? Does anyone know how?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Islander said:
Or you can simply put gearshift into Park and it unlocks the doors.
You just have to make sure that it is set to do that in the 'Auto Door Unlock' setting.

You can set it to All Doors, Driver Door, or Off.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Took me a little while to figure that out myself.
The other thing I'm trying to figure out is, after I shut off the car, can I lock the door before I get out from the console button? I don't like having to press the remote just to lock it. I have tried the console button, but when I press lock, it locks and then right away unlocks. All my life I've pushed the door lock button on the door before exiting the car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Navyaero said:
Say im driving to pick someone up the doors are locked how do i unlock them while sitting in the drivers seat with the car on i cant find a lock unlock button? Does anyone know how?
Are you a blonde by the way?lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
GARYD said:
The other thing I'm trying to figure out is, after I shut off the car, can I lock the door before I get out from the console button? I don't like having to press the remote just to lock it. I have tried the console button, but when I press lock, it locks and then right away unlocks. All my life I've pushed the door lock button on the door before exiting the car.
It should only be the driver's door that is unlocking and only if your key is still in the ignition.

·
Registered
51 Posts
GARYD said:
Have you tried the setting "Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out"? Turn that option OFF and it should allow you to do what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love that Blondstar bit! LOL!

I've heard some folks say they don't like the lock/unlock there, but I love it there. I also love the child lockout there too. Makes it so easy to ensure the doors are secure and safe. So much better than the old method, where you'd usually end up jumping out to help an adult get out at times because you forgot to flip the thing in the door.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
moofy,I'm looking at that page now. I thought I'd try that, but the other setting looks even better....Delayed Door Lock setting. I'll try it tonight after I leave work. Hope one of them will do what I want.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
"Delay door lock" worked. Now I can press the door lock button on the console, get out and close the door, and it's locked...no more having to press the remote after i get out..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
As an addendum to the above. Twice today pressing the button did not work... what the %$#. Then for the heck of it I pressed the button twice and it worked.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When you have the delay lock feature turned on it should just beep at you when you press the button and then wait until a few seconds after the last door has been closed before it locks the vehicle.
The idea is that it gives you time to go get something from the backseat or the hatch and then locks the vehicle after you are done.
If you press the lock button twice it should override the delay lock function and just lock all the doors, provided that the key is no longer in the ignition. If the key is still in the ignition, the driver's door will unlock itself. If this happens you can either remove the key from the ignition and press the power button again or you can lock the driver's door manualy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There are two seperate features being run together and I think that is what might have gotten some people confused.

1st is Delayed Locking: (this feature can be turned on or off in the vehicle menu)
- Press the power lock button on the dash
- hear a couple of beeps from the vehicle
- get out and close your door and in about 5 seconds the vehicle will lock the door and chirp the horn
- if you open another door in within those 5 seconds, the timer resets untill you close that door
- it will wait to lock the vehicle untill about 5 seconds after you have stopped opening doors.

- If you double press the power lock button, it will skip the delayed part of the feature and simply loack all the doors right away.

This is an old feature that was introduced in the days before remote key fobs were everywhere, the idea was to give the driver a chance to get something from another door or a rear hatch or let the kids out of the backkseat without having to go back and open the driver's door again to finally lock the vehicle.

2nd is Lockout Protection: (this feature can be turned on or off in the vehicle menu)
- Press the power lock button on the dash and if the keys are still in the ignition, the drivers door will unlock itself again
- a driver that wants to lock the vehicle even though the keys are still in the ignition can simply use the manual lock on the driver's door.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks GARYD, moofy, GMCDriver, SnowItch (goes without saying, but gotta say it anyway LOL) and anyone else I missed.
Great info to get things done when the battery in your keyfob is dead, or to save keyfob battery life for that matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts