1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Awesome - looks like you changed the IP bulb colors also.

Very good...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm floored.

How much?
;)
Honestly, that's fantastic.

Why wouldn't GM do some of this out of the gate?
Temps, battery, speed limit warnings and stuff, very nice!!!
Performance computer, waaaaayyyyy coooooooooooooool!!!

Keep up the great work GTPprix!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
the more info you give a user, the more times they are think something is wrong when there isnt...no different then any industry.....you give the user/consumer, only what info they need....

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's just cruel! :-[

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gar187er said:
the more info you give a user, the more times they are think something is wrong when there isnt...no different then any industry.....you give the user/consumer, only what info they need....
Sure but simple things like battery voltage and fluid temps are pretty useful info IMO.
I really like the speed limit warning.
Many times I look down and I'm inadvertently doing 20 over because a good song came on the radio or the wife just called and says her cute cousin is over!
LOL, J/K!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Exactly gearhead, some of those things w3ould be very useful on an everday basis. Wonder why GM didn't include them out right. No different than having an oil temp etc. gauge on the dash.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so did some more testing last night...
The speed limit DOES work and its crazy. Its fed from the Nav unit apparently and shows the current speed limit and if you exit a highway with a marked appropriate exit speed it shows the speed and the sign of the turn. The video I shot at night obviously taking a left hand exit to another highway, sorry about the vid quality but again its night and I'm driving LOL

Its a little better at 720P but not much

GMC Terrain Hacked to show Speed Limit Data from Nav

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
GTPprix :

How about putting some fuel in your car before you run out ? Also, what happened to your low fuel light ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It hadn't turned on yet ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hmm way to cool. As soon as you get a business model working for our forum you'll be able to buy another one or upgrade to SRX ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Very slick!
You even slowed down to 55 at the 45 MPH turn while filming LOL!
Great stuff, GTPprix!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wanna share with us the secret of how you did this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
equinox2 said:
Hmm way to cool. As soon as you get a business model working for our forum you'll be able to buy another one or upgrade to SRX ;)
Basically I just have to figure out if I can program these out of the car without them being unhappy, if so I'll build an offboard and setup sponsorship and start taking orders through the website. The Camaro guys are interested in this as well ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well my question is, If all this is buried in the system, what vehicle is in not buried in? The Terrain, Equinox and Camaro's apparently don't utilize the extra info. SRX maybe?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Phantm006 said:
Well my question is, If all this is buried in the system, what vehicle is in not buried in? The Terrain, Equinox and Camaro's apparently don't utilize the extra info. SRX maybe?
Most of this stuff isnt utilized in ANY vehicle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That is great! Hope you could get it to the rest of us sooner then later!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chris,
Neat stuff. Guess you don't do much GTO stuff anymore? Still need you to change my shift light to a higher rpm.

Anyway, just got a '11 Equinox for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the DIC. Looks promising.

BTW, I'm Rob over at LS1GTO.com. We hooked up in DE back in '05 or so when you did my car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup I remember, how the hell ya doing Rob? :) GTO stuff is no problem just let me know when you want to send it in and I'll take care of it!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts