GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the vehicles I test drove while car shopping was the VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen. A cool trick with that car was that you could flick the turn signal switch and the turn signals would blink 3 times and then stop. Decided to try it on the Equinox, lo and behold it worked! :) How cool is THAT!

No mention of this feature in the owner's manual that I could find.

·
Registered
830 Posts
As far as i remember, it is documented... It's named Lane Change Assist or something like that...

mnussbaum said:
One of the vehicles I test drove while car shopping was the VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen. A cool trick with that car was that you could flick the turn signal switch and the turn signals would blink 3 times and then stop. Decided to try it on the Equinox, lo and behold it worked! :) How cool is THAT!

No mention of this feature in the owner's manual that I could find.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Page 6-3 of my manual doesn't mention it. Is it somewhere else?

(As an aside, I notice that the printed version of the manual that came with the car is a bit different than the version you can download from Chevy's website). ???

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sorry, they talk about lane change by gently moving up or down the stick until the light flash but they doesnt talk about the lane change assis that flash 3 times alone...

My bad :) I was sure they have it documented in the manual...

It's a really nice feature, i use it everyday !

enjoy it !

mnussbaum said:
Page 6-3 of my manual doesn't mention it. Is it somewhere else?

(As an aside, I notice that the printed version of the manual that came with the car is a bit different than the version you can download from Chevy's website). ???

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperMat64 said:
It's a really nice feature, i use it everyday !

enjoy it !
I am! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is a great feature which I use everyday :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just tried it today...it does work...cool.

I need to get used to the amount of time to bump the turn signal, because I am so used to doing this manually (2-3 blinks when changing lanes).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts