GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought my Terrain SLE 2,When I open the hood there is a noizy sound near the injection and when I close the hood I can ear the noizy sound from 10 feet.My dealer told me it was normal.
We are in 2010 Whats going on again with the ingener
Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
I walked by a guy who was starting up his Cyber gray Equinox yesterday. It was making that noise.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's the direct fuel injection, all Noxes, Terrains with both the I4 and V6 have direct fuel injection which cause the "clicking" sound. Since I can't hear it when sitting inside I don't worry about it....just the price for adopting new technology. (not really new tech, but new to GM and most other mainstream carmakers)

·
Registered
54 Posts
hbinfo said:
Hi I just bought my Terrain SLE 2,When I open the hood there is a noizy sound near the injection and when I close the hood I can ear the noizy sound from 10 feet.My dealer told me it was normal.
We are in 2010 Whats going on again with the ingener
Thanks
Your English gives me a headache.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have several post's about the clicking/tapping/ticking or whatever you want to call it noise coming from the engine. The dealer/GM will not do anything about it because there is no TSB or Re-call because of safety or any other issue. There was also something written about a fuel pump that could be replaced with a newer version and that will quiet it down somewhat. Again, not under warranty because there is no "problem" it's "normal sound" as per dealer
I am going to persist with that fuel pump issue until they fix it (or not). I will say that after I changed my oil at 2700 miles with Pennzoil Ultra that I believe the motor quieted down a "little bit" maybe 20% IMHO.
I have 3500 miles on now and Nox runs good except for poor gas mileage. I drive it hard so therefore I only average about 20-21 mpg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As a side note. You mentioned hearing the noise from 10' away. Keep walking! I can hear mine from 70' away and that is in a clear area and a busy four lane road next to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts