GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we narrowed down our search for a new car to the equinox 2LT. one thing we have not been able to track down since none available around here have the right options is the backup camera with a backup sensor. is that part of the options on the 2LT?

i did a search and found out how to add them with aftermarket parts but nothing on if it comes with them.
tia.

·
Registered
120 Posts
binki said:
we narrowed down our search for a new car to the equinox 2LT. one thing we have not been able to track down since none available around here have the right options is the backup camera with a backup sensor. is that part of the options on the 2LT?

i did a search and found out how to add them with aftermarket parts but nothing on if it comes with them.
tia.
like cafeldmann said, the Chrome Package will include the sensors and in my opinion its well worth it as the camera is not the greatest and doesn't alert you if something is behind you. I have a 2LT and love the car so far, I am sure you will too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. so now the next question is, do we have to separately add navigation? it looks like the only way to get that is to add a $2100 package that has it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
binki said:
thanks. so now the next question is, do we have to separately add navigation? it looks like the only way to get that is to add a $2100 package that has it.
Hello, I just got a 2011 Nox and sounds like that was the only way to get it. There was the $2100 you were talking about and another one for around $3400. It was too much for me so I left it out. I'll just stick to my VZ nav on my verizon phone :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
binki said:
The Nox and Terrain have the best spot for aftermarket gps below the center console, it made my decision to not get the built in Nav much easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I decided to go with the navigation system. Expensive, but I'm worth it! ;D

I didn't really care about the navigation itself, but I like the bigger screen with the rear backup camera, and how it has the guide lines that show you where the vehicle will go as you back up. I also like the hard drive for downloading my own music. Much cleaner than having a bunch of CD's in the car! It does kill me a bit to pay that much money for those options, though!

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
cafeldmann said:
Much cleaner than having a bunch of CD's in the car!
Actually the USB port handles flash drive pretty well. I have an 8 GB memory card plugged into it, and it had plenty of music for me. Quite a nice setup by GM.

·
Registered
120 Posts
RIT333 said:
Actually the USB port handles flash drive pretty well. I have an 8 GB memory card plugged into it, and it had plenty of music for me. Quite a nice setup by GM.
I agree, the USB drive works very well but the Big Nav screen would be nice sometimes so its all if you think its worth paying for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You will love the camera and it does sound a alarm when you back up and anything is in its way. When I back out of the garage it makes a notable noise that you are driving past the doors in the garage. I have the 2LT and it is really a great car. The chrome package is really nice also.

·
Registered
166 Posts
barhoc11 said:
I agree, the USB drive works very well but the Big Nav screen would be nice sometimes so its all if you think its worth paying for.
The thought of 8gb of music on a flash drive is great if only the usb indexing would finish its job!
Non-Nav 2LT

·
Registered
193 Posts
From what I have read, 2012 will bring an enhanced touchscreen without nav option.

·
Registered
978 Posts
dishdude said:
From what I have read, 2012 will bring an enhanced touchscreen without nav option.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
dishdude said:
I believe the MyLink system will be optional. Nothing I've read about the system indicated it would be standard.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tjpc said:
The thought of 8gb of music on a flash drive is great if only the usb indexing would finish its job!
Non-Nav 2LT
In the first place I think an 8 GB stick is overkill. I have a 2 GB stick with 266 songs on it and still have over 500 MB free on the stick. If each song averaged three minutes that would give me about 13 hours of music.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don B said:
In the first place I think an 8 GB stick is overkill. I have a 2 GB stick with 266 songs on it and still have over 500 MB free on the stick. If each song averaged three minutes that would give me about 13 hours of music.
I 'm using less than 4 GB of the stick but am wondering when the indexing will finish. Besides, $12 for an 8GB stick,not bad!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tjpc said:
I 'm using less than 4 GB of the stick but am wondering when the indexing will finish. Besides, $12 for an 8GB stick,not bad!
I would guess the larger the stick the longer it's going to take for indexing. Plus all sticks aren't created equal, I have some benchmarking software and have tested quite a few sticks and have found quite a difference in speed. If I remember right one of the fastest sticks I have is a 16 GB Kingston.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a Kingston data traveler 101.
What gets me is at times the usb indexing appears done,I can scroll all files/folders and then next startup it is back to indexing.
I leave the stick in the port.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tjpc said:
I have a Kingston data traveler 101.
What gets me is at times the usb indexing appears done,I can scroll all files/folders and then next startup it is back to indexing.
I leave the stick in the port.
Unfortunately, this a random thing I've come across with mine and seen posts from others.
I do know that some of them fit a little loosely and any jostling might loosen them requiring a re-index. I now have a 320gb with about 9,000 files on it that actually indexes relatively quickly.

If you want further info, track this: http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=3236.msg41794#msg41794

·
Registered
43 Posts
Terrain said:
I believe the MyLink system will be optional. Nothing I've read about the system indicated it would be standard.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
It is coming standard on the 1LT we have on order.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts