GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2011 Equinox LTZ.
It does NOT have a navigation or rear seat entertainment system.
Just a sunroof and the 'Protection Package'.
Anyway, I have two questions about the clock that displays in the center 'infotainment' console.
1. The clock displays the time. And to the right of the time is an icon or something that looks
a bit like a gear. With what looks like a '+' sign in the middle of it. What in the world is that
thing trying to tell us?
2. The settings for the vehicle had us set the time and date, time format display, etc. Just like it
says in the owners manual on page 5-5 under the heading 'Clock (With Date Display)'. Is there
supposed to be a way to actually display the Date?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about with the "gear" and + sign thing...but I have a 2010 so something may have changed. To get the date simply hit the power off button on the radio....I have no idea why this couldn't be displayed with the time/temp while the radio is on...but it simply can't.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have a 2011 without the Nav too, but i don't see that symbol. post a pic, that will help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
gotta try putting a CD in to check out that icon. I've just been using my Ipod Touch for music.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Could the symbol be the Bluetooth symbol? Did you pair a phone yet?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
cottonseed said:
The icon means there is a cd inside, the icon to the left of the temp is the bluetooth icon
And the empty spot in the middle is where the date should be but isn't. I don't know why the designers decided the only way you can see the date is with the radio off.. ???

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im not sure whats suppose to be in the middle. I think I remember seeing a pic on here once where there seemed to be another temp in the middle there, maybe the people who have the auto temp gizmos have there setpoint listed there??

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
cottonseed said:
Im not sure whats suppose to be in the middle. I think I remember seeing a pic on here once where there seemed to be another temp in the middle there, maybe the people who have the auto temp gizmos have there setpoint listed there??
As I recall, it either shows the setpoint or H or L for "full heat" or "full cold".

·
Registered
830 Posts
In the middle it's where it shows the heater temp when you set it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, thanks to everyone!
The little icon was indeed the CD indicator.
And when I turn off the radio the date is displayed in the lower section of the display.

·
Registered
468 Posts
you can also press the clock button and it will bring you to the time and date setup and you can see the current date in there, then just back out of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts