GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the tunning world when It comes to Chevy. We just recently bought an '11 LTZ with the 3.0L engine. Have tuned multiple cars in the past however. I have found some info on the Trifecta tune, is that the only one around? Would be curious to hear the opinions of everyone that has this. Would like to see the gains as well. Thanks guys! Looking forward to being on the forum :cheers:

·
Registered
315 Posts
j bone said:
Hello, new to the tunning world when It comes to Chevy. We just recently bought an '11 LTZ with the 3.0L engine. Have tuned multiple cars in the past however. I have found some info on the Trifecta tune, is that the only one around? Would be curious to hear the opinions of everyone that has this. Would like to see the gains as well. Thanks guys! Looking forward to being on the forum :cheers:
In the world of GM... Trifecta is the only program that has currently unlocked the ECM. HPT is still having issues unlocking the E69 (most are running a trifecta + HPT hybrid for tuning those applications), in 2010+ on the new engines GM switched to the E39

Vince @ trifecta is great to work with. The gains are impressive vs stock...Realize this is not a boosted engine, so from tuning alone you really not going to gain much, but the power curve is brought down, I have power below 3K :)

very impressive torque gains below 3500rpms (I think it was 24ft more) with a peak gain of 9ftlbs
HP gain was a respective 14hp gain, with power all the way to 7100rpms
Shift improvement!!! The tranny improvements alone make it worth it

Stock your ECM does not allow 100% throttle input below 4K rpms, the tune eliminates that, and improves the IQ of the tranny when downshifting

Its worth the price imo...but that is just me. If your looking for more low end power, this definitely adds to to it. I've been tuned since 500 miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grometsc, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I will def look into this tune. Wonder if they have a HandHeld Programmer so you can flash back to stock when you take it into the dealer? Love the suv overall but have to say I am not that impressed with the engine. Before I get flammed by everyone, I am used to sports cars so it is taking some time to get used to. She loves it, so all that matters to me! I do feel like the power curve is off though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
j bone said:
grometsc, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I will def look into this tune. Wonder if they have a HandHeld Programmer so you can flash back to stock when you take it into the dealer? Love the suv overall but have to say I am not that impressed with the engine. Before I get flammed by everyone, I am used to sports cars so it is taking some time to get used to. She loves it, so all that matters to me! I do feel like the power curve is off though.
If you get the tuning cable you can do it yourself, or have a installer do it (basically people like myself that have the tuning cable)

I know what you mean on the engine...Its nice to hear w/o the engine cover up in the high rpms (if you like the sound of valve trains reving!)....But in the end it is pulling 3900lbs, so definitely not a sports car, or even one of the fastest CUV's thanks to GM's crazy gear ratio for MPG. If they Sportage SX would've been out when I was looking, I wouldve honestly went with that setup :).....Then add the company addition of an I4 Equinox, I normally go w/ cars, but got a hand-me-down when mine came up to run the miles out on it.

But at the end of the day...Its a 3.0L that puts out 88hp/liter which is very respectable in the GM world (one of the highest, and not using any aspiration).

Fuel economy when tuned is still very good as well...On a recent trip I was getting 24mpg cruising @ 75mph. For the size, aerodynamics and EPA rated 25 (which is not @ 75) I believe that is VERY good. I keep trying to get Vince to work on a lean mode, as SIDI would benefit from it, but we dont have a factory wideband sensor (alot of the new SIDI engines do)...and so few support for this engine, Caddy dropping it in 2012, I dont think Vince would spend much more time working on it. He just needed to unlock the E39 ECM in order to tune the latest GM engines that would have more aftermarket support (1.4L Turbo and the new 2.0L Turbo)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts