GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving a 2022 Terrain SLT, 7 months old, 5,000 km. I started it up this morning - no radio reception. The screen displayed "tuner initializing". There was no reception on FM, AM, or Sirius XM. I drove for approx 10 miles and did some shopping. About 2 hrs later I returned to the vehicle and the radio was working again. Does anyone know the cause or significance of this "glitch"? Also, pushing in the volume control knob only mutes the radio. Is there any way of turning the infotainment system off?
Ken

·
Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
262 Posts
I haven't had the "tuner initializing" message, but I have two or three times over the past 4.5 years had the screen be blank, with a restart of the vehicle clearing it up. Sometimes a reboot is your best friend.

Regarding how to turn off your radio, your owner's manual is your best friend. I copied this from the 2022 owner's manual available online from GMC at www.gmc.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides:
Product Motor vehicle Font Line Material property

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you every figure out what was going on? I am experiencing the same exact thing…2022 Terrain, 7 months old, 3100 miles on it. “Tuner initializing” just started today and doesn’t go fix itself between engine starts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you every figure out what was going on? I am experiencing the same exact thing…2022 Terrain, 7 months old, 3100 miles on it. “Tuner initializing” just started today and doesn’t go fix itself between engine starts.
I kept the vehicle running, turned the radio completely off for a few minutes, then turned the radio back on. This worked for me. The radio should be completely off, not muted. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got it... It works.
1. Log in to SiriusXM website
2. Go to "Subscriptions" and copy your SiriusXM Radio ID/ESN
3. Hit the top left menu and go to Refresh My Radio (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR IT. I DID IT FROM 1400 MILES AWAY!)
4. Enter your Radio ID and send the signal. You may or may not have to power off/power on,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving a 2022 Terrain SLT, 7 months old, 5,000 km. I started it up this morning - no radio reception. The screen displayed "tuner initializing". There was no reception on FM, AM, or Sirius XM. I drove for approx 10 miles and did some shopping. About 2 hrs later I returned to the vehicle and the radio was working again. Does anyone know the cause or significance of this "glitch"? Also, pushing in the volume control knob only mutes the radio. Is there any way of turning the infotainment system off?
Ken
I got it... It works.
1. Log in to SiriusXM website
2. Go to "Subscriptions" and copy your SiriusXM Radio ID/ESN
3. Hit the top left menu and go to Refresh My Radio (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR IT. I DID IT FROM 1400 MILES AWAY!)
4. Enter your Radio ID and send the signal. You may or may not have to power off/power on,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts