GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Yes, there is. Mine doesn't, so go to your dealer. If they say, "they all do that", ask him to demo 2 or 3 cars on his lot, and if they are the same as yours, you're SOL, if they are better, then tell them to make yours as good as those. Simple enough. If they are all like yours, then either I am not fussy enough, or you are too fussy. Did you previously drive an 8 cyl, or a BMW staight 6 ? If won't be as smooth as that ! But, your steering wheel should nbot vibrate.

·
Registered
446 Posts
RIT333 gives good advice. Definitely take it.

Some things to keep in mind though. The compression ratio of this I4 is quite high. That's part of how they get 180 horses and still great MPG. A good V8 can run smoother, but if you've seen a high compression V8 it also is quite alive under the hood. I used to love Honda 4s in the 80's Those engines were glass smooth. Not so much any more, plus not quite as fuel efficient as what GM makes now.

It's all about trade offs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine only shivers a little when in ECO mode. I leave it off.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mine is smooth no problems at idle. I get somewhat I will call rumble noise when I accelerate hard. I looked at some TSB's and don't see any for rough idle but 2 for the tranny

·
Registered
170 Posts
In my experience that rumble is the normal sound of a 4 banger working HARD. I wouldn't be concerned if that sound comes only when you floor it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts