GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger on getting a new vehicle.

Originally started with being all hung up on the v6...there are just none to be had out there. The reason for this is inlaws have 10 foot popup trailer that we use like twice a year. We decided that we would get the 4 AWD that is on the lot for the end of the month instead of waiting the 5 months or whatever silly it is, since we aren't a gm employee to jump the line

Black Granite 2LT AWD with Chrome and Sunroof. Expecting to pick it up at the end of the month.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good for you! I was in the same position, debating over the 4/6. I ended up getting the I4 w/ AWD, simply because every review basically said it was the engine to get.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I believe you'll end up loving the I4. The V6 would only be best if you were towing. We've had 2 GM cars with this I4 engine and it is truly amazing. No, it's not a power house but there are times where it will surprise you with what it can achieve. Add to that its efficiency and that it warms up to running temp in less than 1/2 the time of the V6 and most other engines. Plus you get the electric assist steering, and proven longevity from past GM cars using this engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We think so too. We still have our Tribute with a hitch on the back too. Don't want to mess around with the new baby already. :)

Just trying to sort out getting the lease back on the other car, can't wait to pick this up. We haven't had a new car in a long time. Tribbie we bought back in 2002.

Insurance going up was a bit of surprise, you would think that with 6+airbags it would be better, but I guess they have to make their money too...

We also got the 750 Maintenance credit too, not sure if people know about that credit in canada. It comes on a debit card and can be used for oil changes, brakes, etc.

Any recommendations on the "proof" packages...rust, paint, cloth, etc.? We're getting offered 649 CAD or something for all of it and get "family/friend" price (good friend works at dealership as manager), but aren't the cars today built with enough stuff on them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ycrad said:
Finally pulled the trigger on getting a new vehicle.

Originally started with being all hung up on the v6...there are just none to be had out there. The reason for this is inlaws have 10 foot popup trailer that we use like twice a year. We decided that we would get the 4 AWD that is on the lot for the end of the month instead of waiting the 5 months or whatever silly it is, since we aren't a gm employee to jump the line

Black Granite 2LT AWD with Chrome and Sunroof. Expecting to pick it up at the end of the month.
I just bought a Black Granite 2LT AWD V6...and it took only 12 weeks to make. Don't know why they would say it would take that long to make.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You will have to let us know how the AWD is with the i4... My thought was that is that it would be underpowered and wouldn't have made a difference with or with AWD.. But who knows I opted for the 6 with FWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts