GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been reading a lot on the boards about billet grilles....from installing to how much people are paying and name brands

I've been looking on Ebay and found the TREX billet grille for $164 but I also found a non name brand billet grille for $70. I know the saying you get what you pay for but I was just wondering if anyone has purchased the cheaper version compared to the TREX version. I hear nothing but good things from the TREX grille but if anyone has any feedback on the $70 one please let me know. The descriptions look the same but if anyone has any info I would appreciate it

TREX link
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-2011-GMC-TERRAIN-3PC-BILLET-GRILLE-GRILL-T-REX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a610ceef8QQitemZ250736340728QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

NONtrex link
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-2011-GMC-Terrain-BOLT-OVER-Billet-Grille-Insert-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c19d18785QQitemZ120692246405QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hmmm your links aren't working...

But you pretty much answered your own question already...

In most cases you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought the $70 grille. It's the best. Took 5 minutes to install. The car never looked better!! Didn't even need to take off any parts to install.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Sparky said:
Bought the $70 grille. It's the best. Took 5 minutes to install. The car never looked better!! Didn't even need to take off any parts to install.
What is it? plastic clip on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't believe it's plastic. The ad states aluminum. It's bolted on solid - doesn't move at all. The car needs a wash but I took pics anyway. Best think is - I didn't take anything apart. No existing grille (bolts right over it). No front end. No rad cover. Nothing

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since I have the chrome package I have been thinking my grille looks out of place being black and plastic. I would like chrome but I don't like the horizontal stripes look -- makes me look fat LOL ;) I like the hex honeycomb. Anyone find that in chrome?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sparky said:
Don't believe it's plastic. The ad states aluminum. It's bolted on solid - doesn't move at all. The car needs a wash but I took pics anyway. Best think is - I didn't take anything apart. No existing grille (bolts right over it). No front end. No rad cover. Nothing
That does look nice. I assume that you did not have the factory chrome grille? I ask because I do not see any chrome behind the new billet grille.

·
Registered
978 Posts
other options

http://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-equinox-grill/

Sparky said:
That is SWEET looking

·
Registered
468 Posts
GMJay said:
Since I have the chrome package I have been thinking my grille looks out of place being black and plastic. I would like chrome but I don't like the horizontal stripes look -- makes me look fat LOL ;) I like the hex honeycomb. Anyone find that in chrome?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered the T-Rex 3 pc. I will post pics when it arrives. I think someone mentioned it earlier but i believe the inserts look better on the black plastic grill. If your terrain has chrome on the stock grill then it will be somewhat visable despite the inserts.

·
Registered
978 Posts
cottonseed said:
I have been totally sure I was going to stay with the OEM black...till I saw this pic

So...ummm...cottonseed...what's the 411 on your grill?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been totally sure I was going to stay with the OEM black...till I saw this pic

So...ummm...cottonseed...what's the 411 on your grill?
X2. Where did you buy the chrome hex grill? I like it better than the fine mesh.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Its a great grille, the only downside is that it is plastic but I had mine since feb 9th and no issues so far. I bought it off ebay, I will list the link below. Do not pay full price on it, you will see the option to make an offer and it accepted $85.00 instead of the $99 they are asking. Shipping is also free on it in the US not sure if you have to pay any extra fees if you live in Canada.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170538477623

Grille just snaps into place, easy as pie. Just have to take care not to break the plastic tabs that hold it in.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I opted for the T-Rex inserts, and I'm impressed with the quality (although I haven't seen the cheaper inserts). The brackets for attaching the T-Rex inserts to behind the OEM grille are a pain to get in place. And I'm thinking about changing out the mounting screws from the Phillip heads to Torx (better theft deterrent).
I figure I plan to keep this Terrain for many more years, so a little more spent now would hold up better years down the road. Sorry - can't attach pics yet as I'm still a newbie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts