GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well changed the oil on the Terrain yesterday at 12,000 miles but noticed the transmission was wet from fluid. It was getting late so I didnt take much effort in finding where it was coming from. So I guess its into the dealer tomorrow. Anyone else see any trans leaks or oil leaks to speak of? I just hope this isnt signs of things to come.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am glad to see that you are planning to work with your local dealership regarding this concern. Please feel free to keep us updated on the fix. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 FWD LT...19900 miles...transmission fluid discovered on transmission housing during recent oil change. No fluid seen in driveway but obvious signs of leakage. Headed for dealer for service in AM

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another common problem with this particular transmission. If you look at the top of the driver's side transmission case, you'll see a black colored cap the size of a half dollar. That is usually where it leaks from the top...leaking to the bottom. These transmissions are supposed to be sealed...the cap allows for some excess to drain...I don't know if GM engineered it that way, but it is very common.

·
Registered
673 Posts
chevy_2010_equinox said:
Another common problem with this particular transmission. If you look at the top of the driver's side transmission case, you'll see a black colored cap the size of a half dollar. That is usually where it leaks from the top...leaking to the bottom. These transmissions are supposed to be sealed...the cap allows for some excess to drain...I don't know if GM engineered it that way, but it is very common.
at least this would be an easy fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts