GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the dealership replaced a filter in the transmission(it would not shift above 2nd gear), my gas milage has improved from 24mpg to 28 mpg. Don't know if they did anything extra but am happy with the vehicle now.
What ticks me off is that no one would listen to me when I stated the vehicle was not getting the gas milage promised. They all tried to put the blame on my driving, ot the fuel I used, etc. Never did they want to admit it was the vehicle. (2011 Terraine, 4cyl. 2WD, Auto, SLT-1). If they would listen to the customer, they would have a lot happier clientel. I was just asking to get what I paid for and nothing else. I don't know if it was fear or laziness, but they would not respond to my complaints. When I spend $30,000.00 on a vehicle I expect to get some respect from the people I buy it from and not treated like I am a idiot. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
:thumb:

If your car would not shift above 2nd gear, you must have been driving around most of the time at redline. How could a dealer not accept that as a problem ? Seems like you should look for a new/better service department.

Tricia - do you agree ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You misread my post. It only would not shift for 3 days. The rest the time it shifted fine. The mpg I referred to was before it refused to shift above 2nd gear.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
dihawk24 said:
You misread my post. It only would not shift for 3 days. The rest the time it shifted fine. The mpg I referred to was before it refused to shift above 2nd gear.
Either my computer is screwed up, or my eyesight is failing - or both, because I see no mention of the 3 days in this thread.

:help:

·
Registered
338 Posts
RIT333 said:
Either my computer is screwed up, or my eyesight is failing - or both, because I see no mention of the 3 days in this thread.
I must be in the same shape or my pc too.

Curious on this filter replacement. What parts are listed on your invoice?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The invoice states that the code p2714 line pressure control #4 stuck off removed valve body and air check clutch packs, all good,replaced control valve assembly D6562
24248473 body kit
24256524 valve
88861003 fluid

Anyway it works better now and I am happy with the vehicle and the mpg.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Glad to read it is fixed. :thumb:

It sounded like a valve body related problem when I read the post, so the filter parts was something I hadn't heard of as a fix. I think the only way to get the filter is to buy a complete reseal kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts