GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I changed mine at 40K again at 80K. Now at 105K I'm getting ready to do it again next oil change.
MAINTENANCE is CHEAP compared to REPAIRS.
As a former mechanic, I saw people waste thousands of dollars, when if they would of paid for more maintenance, they wouldn't of had the expensive repairs.

• Love
Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed mine at 50k and at 80k, both times fluid looked new. I have an 18 2.0t 9 sp
I'm an old mechanic I think the GM 9sp is one of the best trannies on the market today.
How did you get an accurate reading on the level when you did your fluid change? GM specifies their certain temp range that the level must be checked in, but that range is so hot I couldn’t get my tranny to heat up that hot no matter how hard I drove (had the scanner plugged in to track the temp and was driving it real hard for almost an hour). I basically got it as hot as I could but I’m still not sure if the level is correct. After about 1k of driving since the fluid change I’m noticing some weird shifts in the lower gears when driving it cold. Making me a bit concerned. It’s a 2018 GMC Terrain 2.0T 9 speed. Thanks

21 - 22 of 22 Posts