GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Our 19 Nox with 2.0 & 9 speed is approaching 28k miles. I want to change the trans fluid.

Anyone here done this on the 9 speed...is this something easy I can do here myself? Future warrantee hassle if I do it myself? I will feel better knowing what the trans fluid looks like and being confident it's full. Friggin BS that GM removed the stick! Does someone make an add on aftermarket glass or devise so we can check level & see fluid?

TIA

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
At 28K, I don't think you need to change your fluid yet, but for peace of mind, you may want to check the level.

Reactions: LMG

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Hello

Anyone here done this on the 9 speed...is this something easy I can do here myself?
Yes it can be done yourself.
There is a black plastic fill cap on top of the 9T50.
There is a drain plug on the bottom, and a check level plug on the side.
Most newer transmissions are using this configuration, I agree the dip stick would be easier.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

Is there a filter inside the pan I should change or just drop the fluid? Any input on how many quarts it will take and the trans fluid type?

TIA

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Is there a filter inside the pan I should change or just drop the fluid? Any input on how many quarts it will take and the trans fluid type?
The transmission must be disassembled to access the filters.
Drain and fill is 5.65 liters of full synthetic Dexron-Vl.
This will vary as to which model of 9TXX you have.
Be sure to check fluid level with trans at operating temperature.

Reactions: Crankme69
1 - 6 of 6 Posts