GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an 06 nox and it has a ringing/buzzing/vibration noise if i hit a bump with the driver tire. if i hit a bump with the pass side tire it feels MUCH more solid. no buzz. just a more solid feel. i was told to at least change the driver ball joint and maybe the rear control arm bushing while i am at it. i was looking in the area and see i can pry up on the rear trans mount and make the back of the trans lift maybe 1/2-3/4" with a pry bar. the mount is on the driver side of the suv. think the mount might have an impact on my noise issue? maybe the bump makes the trans move and that amplifies the noise issue on the driver side?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
changed ball joint and rear bushing on driver side. i would say there is a 20% improvement. i still feel the vibration when i hit bumps. the original looseness seems to be gone but there is a big sort of wiggle feeling when i hit a bump. maybe the rear trans mount being a bit saggy is not where i should focus? is the mount under the battery box the bigger factor? maybe change both those mounts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts