GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a FYI........if your 2010 shifts a bit sluggish or erratic, there is a new software flash to help correct. I hear it's amazing and being offered on even the 2011's with the improved shift algorithms. Here is the number to ask for: WWC 18275.

Don't expect the Dealer to know about it. I'm going for it next Friday...... I will post results.

MM

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Amazing in what way? I'm not doubting you, it's just that my 15+ years in the computer hardware/software biz has taught me that "updates" to software/firmware can either be a good or bad thing...and "newer" isn't automatically better. ;) Having said that, as long as the MPG's aren't affected too much I wouldn't mind my tranny holding on to lower gears a little longer and not being so quick to upshift.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Motorman said:
Just a FYI........if your 2010 shifts a bit sluggish or erratic, there is a new software flash to help correct. I hear it's amazing and being offered on even the 2011's with the improved shift algorithms. Here is the number to ask for: WWC 18275.

Don't expect the Dealer to know about it. I'm going for it next Friday...... I will post results.

MM
Huh? No new 2010 2.4L TCM cals since the last round which was I believe last year...

·
Registered
315 Posts
GTPprix said:
Huh? No new 2010 2.4L TCM cals since the last round which was I believe last year...
Different transmissions in the V6 models...

This TCM has been long over due imho

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NoobNox said:
Amazing in what way? I'm not doubting you, it's just that my 15+ years in the computer hardware/software biz has taught me that "updates" to software/firmware can either be a good or bad thing...and "newer" isn't automatically better. ;) Having said that, as long as the MPG's aren't affected too much I wouldn't mind my tranny holding on to lower gears a little longer and not being so quick to upshift.

I'm told some of what you want but mostly that the hesitation upon a quick slam to the gas is removed. So smoother, more balanced shifts and holding gears a tad more perhaps. Yes, I know from previous flashes to GM trannys that a tiny MPG penalty results. Gonna do it Fri anyway. Will report.

MM

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoobMox and others............... got 'er done! This one is for the 3.0L SRX V-6. "TCM/PCM Calibration Enhancement WCC 18275" was asked for and finally found by my Dealer. (he made a call) Took 45 minutes once found

Results: Tranny hesitates MUCH less when gas is slammed to pass, quick take-offs are smoother and timed better. Downshifts while rowing the gears in Manual amode much more like a real stick. I strongly recommend that you ask for it.

No info on the Nox/Rains. Sorry.

MM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts