GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Terrain SLT-2 I just purchased has a trailering package. Some literature I've read said there is a 1500# package and a 3500# package as optional. How can I tell which I have? The window sticker just says Trailering Equipment .... $350.00.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GARYD said:
The Terrain SLT-2 I just purchased has a trailering package. Some literature I've read said there is a 1500# package and a 3500# package as optional. How can I tell which I have? The window sticker just says Trailering Equipment .... $350.00.
I think it has to do with the type engine you have. The I4 has 1500 lbs capacity. The V6 has 3500 lbs capacity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cdnboy said:
I think it has to do with the type engine you have. The I4 has 1500 lbs capacity. The V6 has 3500 lbs capacity.
Yep, what Cdnboy said !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cdnboy said:
The I4 has 1500 lbs capacity.
I bet towing 1500 lbs in an I4, with a car full of people, a full tank of gas and driving to a place like Denver with its high altitude could be titled Adventures In Purgatory.

Just thinking out loud.

KJ

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast replys. I was just going over a spec sheet while sitting on the thrown and saw the answer......you guys are right.

I guess I should read all the specs and manuals before I start asking questions, but I'm always in a hurry for an answer. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey KJ, sounds like you are speaking from personal experince. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts