GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the SLE come with a wiring harness installed [where is it?] or do I need to buy a harness and tie it into the vehicle wiring---is it a diffucult job?
Our Terrain does not have the factory tow package.
Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had my dealer install the GM package on my Nox. Turned out great. They needed to do the ECM update as well.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
mjst1100 said:
Does the SLE come with a wiring harness installed [where is it?] or do I need to buy a harness and tie it into the vehicle wiring---is it a diffucult job?
Our Terrain does not have the factory tow package.
Thanks!
mjst1100,
Here is a link for information on the Hitch Trailering Package: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2010/Equinox/Hitch%20Trailering%20Package/?src=chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm.
There is a picture on this link that shows what it would look like if you had this on your vehicle. I hope this information helps.
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think that link you referred us too Christina is either wrong, misleading, or I am a bonehead. The "Maximum Trailering Capacity 3500 lbs" listed is only for the v6 model since the I4 would only be 1500. It should state somewhere in the description that the 3500 is for the v6 model, if a I4 owner likes myself buys that it could lead into a dangerous situation where the SUV will be over loaded.

On a side note it does state that the trailering fuses and relays are factory installed, is that true with the I4 models as well or just the V6?

·
Registered
635 Posts
cottonseed said:
I think that link you referred us too Christina is either wrong, misleading, or I am a bonehead. The "Maximum Trailering Capacity 3500 lbs" listed is only for the v6 model since the I4 would only be 1500. It should state somewhere in the description that the 3500 is for the v6 model, if a I4 owner likes myself buys that it could lead into a dangerous situation where the SUV will be over loaded.

On a side note it does state that the trailering fuses and relays are factory installed, is that true with the I4 models as well or just the V6?
3500 lbs is only if you have trailer brakes and V6. Without brakes its 1000 lbs. 4cyl with brakes on trailer can go up to 1500 lbs, without 1000 lbs.
Look at this page from manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Roesterman said:
3500 lbs is only if you have trailer brakes and V6. Without brakes its 1000 lbs. 4cyl with brakes on trailer can go up to 1500 lbs, without 1000 lbs.
Look at this page from manual:
That I know, I was referring to the link that she posted where it does not state a difference between the V6 and I4 if just says 3500 lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts