GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you suppose to get the hitch insert with the package or just the female docking part?

·
Registered
315 Posts
GARYD said:
Are you suppose to get the hitch insert with the package or just the female docking part?
The ball mount and ball are separate

Just includes the hitch and wiring harness.

Its a 1 1/4" ball mount

Towed for the first time with mine...So much easier using this to tow the sea doo then using my previous car

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the trailer package installed at the dealer. The lights did not work and there is a problem with power getting to the trailer wiring relays. My dealer says the will need is for a day to track down the problem. I did pull a Flying Scot sailboat with my new 2010 Nox and i didn't know the boat was there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
DAugust said:
I just got the trailer package installed at the dealer. The lights did not work and there is a problem with power getting to the trailer wiring relays. My dealer says the will need is for a day to track down the problem. I did pull a Flying Scot sailboat with my new 2010 Nox and i didn't know the boat was there.
You will need to reprogram bcm after trailer hitch install. Other threads discuss this in detail..do a search

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the info. I told my dealer about re=programming the computer but he did not seem to know what I was talking about. I will tell him about the bcm?

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would you need to reprogram the bcm if the wiring kit is a plug and play kit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
stormin84 said:
Why would you need to reprogram the bcm if the wiring kit is a plug and play kit.
Who said it was plug and play? I ordered mine with the hitch, so I am just repeating what I have read in other posts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put in the Curt plug and play wiring BUT a previous posting mentioned a GM code for reprogramming the computer if your adding wiring to your vehicle. I took it to the dealer and provided that info to them and they didnt know much about it. They checked with GM and sure enough there is a reprogram for it. $129 (US) It DOESNT change the shift points but I cant tell you what it did do.

·
Registered
635 Posts
TerryG said:
I put in the Curt plug and play wiring BUT a previous posting mentioned a GM code for reprogramming the computer if your adding wiring to your vehicle. I took it to the dealer and provided that info to them and they didnt know much about it. The checked with GM and sure enough there is a reprogram for it. $129 (US) It DOESNT change the shift points but I cant tell you what it did do.
From what I have read, reprogramming makes the lights work for one thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TerryG said:
I put in the Curt plug and play wiring BUT a previous posting mentioned a GM code for reprogramming the computer if your adding wiring to your vehicle. I took it to the dealer and provided that info to them and they didnt know much about it. They checked with GM and sure enough there is a reprogram for it. $129 (US) It DOESNT change the shift points but I cant tell you what it did do.
Did you try the lights to see if they worked before you took it to the dealership?

·
Registered
163 Posts
No, I didnt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You only need the programming if you use the factory trailer wiring option. If you use a kit like the Curt one you don't need to get the BCM reprogrammed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts