GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Curt 2" 13591 on mine. What is real interesting is this hitch was previously on my 2005 Saturn Vue. When I looked at the Curt website and both vehicles had the same number I called Curt and said explain. They yeap GM used/still uses the same space frame for those vehicles. It was a no cost to move over to the 2013 NOX. If you have Amazon Prime the cost is $112 for the hitch alone and $126 for hitch and wiring harness. I just ordered the wiring harness. BTW with Amazon Prime was free shipping (2 day) and that hitch weights 35 lbs. Very clean and easy install for the hitch and wiring harness (plug n play)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
yeah just take one of the aftermarket hitches...
and look around- and youll see what vehicles it fits..

When I was looking for my aftermarket-
Terrain, Nox, VUE, and I believe Captiva- use the same hitch-- previous generations too like mentioned above,

·
Registered
515 Posts
I pull a 20' pontoon boat. I have my hitch "inverted" so that the ball is 2.5"
above the receiver and it works just fine. The Terrain pulls it pretty but on
the highway, the 3.0L has a hard time keeping it in 6th.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went to etrailer.com, got the part numbers, then went to Amazon.com and got free shipping and a better price.
A Curt hitch is on mine. Super easy to install.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
All that holds that hitch on are those four flimsy-looking bolts? And the nuts are welded to the frame already?

Are those 8.8 or 10.9 bolts?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
While we're on the subject of trailering here - anybody got any suggestions how I could safely trailer a refrigerator 900 miles on the East Coast? Strange situation - I'm going to need a new fridge in the Carolinas fairly soon, I'm guessing. I have a brand new, unused fridge in MA still in box. Doesn't make sense to pay someone to ship it down. That would be *at least* $1000, I'm sure. So I'd have to do it myself. But I don't think UHaul makes a rental trailer tall enough to hold this 25 cu. ft. fridge, so it would have to be hauled in an open trailer. I could buy the trailer at Harbor Fake (I suppose) and add the tow kit to the Equinox to tow it (and both things I could make use of afterwards so that wouldn't be wasted money), but this arrangement is dicey due to the height and weight of the cargo, correct? You're not supposed to lay a fridge on its side (although some claim it can be done if it's laid on the *correct* side). Also, plenty of effort would have to go into making sure the fridge was stabilized and secured on the trailer. But even then - all that bouncing around might, in the end, damage the compressor anyway.

Probably makes more sense to just sell it, take the hit, and buy the new fridge down south. There's the cost associated with going and getting it, too, but it would be a 'home trip', so that cost isn't really a 'cost'...

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Colt Hero said:
While we're on the subject of trailering here - anybody got any suggestions how I could safely trailer a refrigerator 900 miles on the East Coast? Strange situation - I'm going to need a new fridge in the Carolinas fairly soon, I'm guessing. I have a brand new, unused fridge in MA still in box. Doesn't make sense to pay someone to ship it down. That would be *at least* $1000, I'm sure. So I'd have to do it myself. But I don't think UHaul makes a rental trailer tall enough to hold this 25 cu. ft. fridge, so it would have to be hauled in an open trailer. I could buy the trailer at Harbor Fake (I suppose) and add the tow kit to the Equinox to tow it (and both things I could make use of afterwards so that wouldn't be wasted money), but this arrangement is dicey due to the height and weight of the cargo, correct? You're not supposed to lay a fridge on its side (although some claim it can be done if it's laid on the *correct* side). Also, plenty of effort would have to go into making sure the fridge was stabilized and secured on the trailer. But even then - all that bouncing around might, in the end, damage the compressor anyway.

Probably makes more sense to just sell it, take the hit, and buy the new fridge down south. There's the cost associated with going and getting it, too, but it would be a 'home trip', so that cost isn't really a 'cost'...
There you go again with the colt hero's version of FASB Accounting ! (just kidding).

But, in this case, I really think that you'd take a lot of life out of the refrigerator's inners by not suspending it properly - although many people do it. I think that I would call one of the tech support lines from one of the manufacturers and get their thoughts - or do some google searches to see if you can get someone with some experience on the topic.

But, I agree that the most effective method might be to sell it locally, and then buy another down there. Then you can buy the trailer down there, since you claimed, in your cost-accounting, that you need one down there ! LOL, again.

Good luck.

Oh, just looked at your initial post, and since it is already boxed up in the original shipping container, so it should be supported correctly - so you might be OK. IF its still under warranty, then you may be able to cash in on that if it fails. Oh, you may want to consider buying one of those GMC Envoys that the rear roof slides in - for the purpose of carrying tall things like refrigerators - and if you can justify using it for other things, then you will not have to factor in the cost. OK, enough picking on you for one night !

·
Registered
467 Posts
Re:

Call Jennifer from Shipping Wars (drool).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Re:

adamjeeps said:
Call Jennifer from Shipping Wars (drool).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HAHAHAHA! That's funny! But good thinking. She *is* really hot! And she'd probably do it for $200, but then it would arrive in pieces (with a melted wedding cake inside).

Rit:
===

Maybe I'll just move back to New England where the fridge already 'resides'.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Colt Hero said:

Those trailers from Harbor freight have really small dia wheels and I don't think they want you to exceed 35 mph with them if its the cheap ones your looking at

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Re:

Colt Hero said:
Rit:
===

Maybe I'll just move back to New England where the fridge already 'resides'.
\

Nah - we're going thru a super-cold Winter. In fact, we don't even need refrigerators here anymore - except maybe to keep our free foods from freezing. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts