GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got the trailer hitch installed through GMC aftermarket, however, i read that the transmission might need to be reprogrammed? We have the 4 cylinder and we did get a small boat that weighs 1000lbs so we should be fine. We got a hitch but the total length of the hitch is 9" long and only 3.5" of the hitch go into the receiver, does this seem right? i have attached a few pics below.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
badfish said:
Well we got the trailer hitch installed through GMC aftermarket, however, i read that the transmission might need to be reprogrammed? We have the 4 cylinder and we did get a small boat that weighs 1000lbs so we should be fine. We got a hitch but the total length of the hitch is 9" long and only 3.5" of the hitch go into the receiver, does this seem right? i have attached a few pics below.

What's the draw bar rated at? If it's rated high enough I wouldn't be worried too much about it.Mine came with factory installed hitch and my draw bar looks about the same as yours

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The receiver is a class II installed by my dealer, I am not sure if it is an authentic tow hitch or not. The hitch mount is made by Reese and is rated for 3500lb towing, 300lb tonuge load. The whole thing is approximately 9" long and will only sit in the receiver 3.5" because of where the goes line up. I thought it should go in further but I guess it doesn't.

I am bringing the truck in today for a remote starter. What should I say about the transmission?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
badfish said:
The receiver is a class II installed by my dealer, I am not sure if it is an authentic tow hitch or not. The hitch mount is made by Reese and is rated for 3500lb towing, 300lb tonuge load. The whole thing is approximately 9" long and will only sit in the receiver 3.5" because of where the goes line up. I thought it should go in further but I guess it doesn't.

I am bringing the truck in today for a remote starter. What should I say about the transmission?
Factory hitch with a 4cyl has a 11/4 receiver that looks like a 2" I wonder if having that big of a hitch on that 4cyl will void warranty if something goes wrong down the road
I don't know if it would just putting my thoughts out there

·
Registered
116 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
father back it puts the trailer wheels the easier it is to guide the trailer and that 1 will mean a lot lol
Yep, I can back my 30' boat that's 8'6" wide through a hole that's 8'8" ;D But put my 10' utility trailer behind me and I look like a drunk snake :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
Yep, I can back my 30' boat that's 8'6" wide through a hole that's 8'8" ;D But put my 10' utility trailer behind me and I look like a drunk snake :eek:hno:
I know that feeling..

·
Registered
48 Posts
cross posting from a new thread I just made as I need a timely response to purchase one...

Does anyone actually have a flat carrier that can fold installed on their Equinox? I will trust that the Terrain bumper has the same curve and clearance as the Nox...???...???

I'm trying to decide between a 48" or 60" (the latter could cause brake light coverage depending on how packed).
As I was just looking at that bumper, it was hard to see a folding one not hitting the bumper...
I'll be installing the Class 3 2" hitch just for the extra tongue weight ability (I know the towing limits).

Please specify if you have the small lip kind (3") or the basket edges that go up 4 to 6"...

I'm thinking to get an aluminum one for the weight advantage (single girl here so I need to be able to manipulate it easily when traveling..)
I'll want to be able to use it for basic luggage or a bike when needed. Any advice on the 48" vs. 60" for a bike?

THANK YOU!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts