GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 GMC Terrain FWD 4 Cyl. I have a 5x8 trailer and a 2006 Honda Rancher ATV. Does anyone know if this would be overkill to pull with my Terrain?

·
Registered
297 Posts
medic2901 said:
I have a 2012 GMC Terrain FWD 4 Cyl. I have a 5x7 trailer and a 2006 Honda Rancher ATV. Does anyone know if this would be overkill to pull with my Terrain?
Your Terrain with an I4 is rated for only 1500 pounds towing, so you are well within that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Medic2901 I have the sam 8)e vehicle and I pull a 12' trailer with two ATV's and it pulls good! You'll be fine. Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good deal! Thanks for the replies. I didn't think the 4 cyl would pull that well.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It will be fine, lawsuit shy GM wouldn't have rated the 4cyl for towing if it wasn't capable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I contacted the manufacturer of my trailer and he said the weight comes in right at 800 pounds. Dry weight of my ATV is 535 pounds and with fluids I estimated at a total of 550 pounds which brings the grand total to aprrox 1,350 pounds. Doesn't leave a whole lot of play with the maximum towing weight of the 4 cyl.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'm just a little nervous. With my Silverado it wasn't an issue. Also, I saw a post about needing to have the transmission reprogrammed since I didn't get the factory tow package. Is this true?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts