GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticky please!

I am pleased to inform all that camarotracking.com now supports the tracking of all SRX/Equinox and Terrain orders. We will keep you informed about when and where your new CUV is in the production process. Many dealerships are already using our services to track customers cars and anyone reading this is welcome to do so as well.

Simply go to www.camarotracking.com and enter your production order number (usually a 6 digit alpha-numeric value that usually starts with the letter "M" or "N") in the tracking field and click on the "Track Now".

You will then be sent to the registration page where you will be asked to add your email address and/or customers email address. That's it! We'll do the rest by sending you updated information about the status or your car. We'll also send you videos of the GM designers and engineers who have worked on the your theta for more in-depth knowledge.

This is a free service for all GM customers and dealerships so we would appreciate it if this site does not consider us as spam. Feel free to ask any questions here.

Thanks!
Hylton Jorssen
camarotracking.com co-founder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Are you now able to track Canadian orders ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperMat64 said:
Are you now able to track Canadian orders ?
Not yet unfortunately. This is due to limitations within one of GM Canada's computer systems that we need to interface with. It is something that we want to have addressed within the next 6 months.

Sorry..... :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I want to say thank you for your site. I was actually able to get alot more accurate information from your site than my own dealer. You guys are doing a great service for chevy and gm buyers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
I want to say thank you for your site. I was actually able to get alot more accurate information from your site than my own dealer. You guys are doing a great service for chevy and gm buyers.
No joke!!

I used camarotracking when we claimed a stock order when it was in 2100 status back in Feb. Worked perfectly until it was at 3800. Beautiful service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind words. Rest assured that we are still working to provide the complete process to you Theta customers! We are hoping to be able to offer full delivery coverage to you next month. Stay tuned......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Kudos to your site. It was very appreciated to know the order status, by e-mail delivery till the production date. That was not a problem--I called the dealer a few days later to check on it--he queried his database and in one call, just a few minutes work for him, found it was being offloaded from the railhead. I think he was amazed I knew the scoop. I told him about your site and that I sent their internet manager your "dealer" e-mail request to link up. Two days later (and 2 hours ago) it's in my garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Hylton,

I'd love to be able to track our 'Nox's production process, but unfortunately our dealer, for whatever reason, will not get back to me with the order number. I emailed our salesman and he said he would ask his GM about it, but the number would do me no good. I told him about the tracking site and still have not heard back from him. I'm tempted to find another dealer, but it's been over a month since we ordered our 'Nox, and I'd hate to have to start the ordering process all over again, not to mention that ordering a 2010 now might be a problem. Has anyone else had this issue with their dealer? Is this a power issue? Do you think the GM just wants to be in control of the situation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Crow-

Go into your dealer, and tell him you are leaving with either your order number or your deposit back.

Period.

There is no reason not to give it you.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yellolab said:
Crow-

Go into your dealer, and tell him you are leaving with either your order number or your deposit back.

Period.

There is no reason not to give it you.

Kevin
+1,000,000!!!!

Kevin is right on the money. GM is not to blame here. The dealership you are with may not have allocation to put your order in to GM so that may be why they do not want to show you the order number. Every single reputable dealership I know (I know many) will always be up front with their customers. Even if they did not have allocation, they would be forthcoming with their customers.


Go in and ask to speak with the owner. Tell him that you are either going to walk out of the dealership with the Global Connect print out of the order or your check - it's his decision. Let me know what part of the country you live in and I'll get you in contact with an honest dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
yellolab said:
Crow-

Go into your dealer, and tell him you are leaving with either your order number or your deposit back.

Period.

There is no reason not to give it you.

Kevin
Well, actually we didn't put a deposit down on the vehicle. We offered to, but the dealer said that it wouldn't be necessary. I even mentioned to the salesperson about hearing horror stories of people's orders being sold, when they come in, to other people. The salesperson assured me that would not happen there.

Hylton said:
+1,000,000!!!!

Kevin is right on the money. GM is not to blame here. The dealership you are with may not have allocation to put your order in to GM so that may be why they do not want to show you the order number. Every single reputable dealership I know (I know many) will always be up front with their customers. Even if they did not have allocation, they would be forthcoming with their customers.


Go in and ask to speak with the owner. Tell him that you are either going to walk out of the dealership with the Global Connect print out of the order or your check - it's his decision. Let me know what part of the country you live in and I'll get you in contact with an honest dealership.
Sorry, I meant general manager when I put GM, not General Motors. I don't blame General Motors at all. :)

The salesperson said he placed the order about a week after we finalized the options we wanted. So, unless he is lying about his allocation, the vehicle has actually been ordered. He did email me this last week "Your Equinox will begin to be built in the first week of June. As for the tracking number, I will ask my manager again but he said there is no way to track it from the customer side."

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TheCrow1994 said:
As for the tracking number, I will ask my manager again but he said there is no way to track it from the customer side."

Thanks.
ORLY? ;) ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Crow, your dealer is completely lying to you. Simple as that. No reason for them to not give you the number unless they havent ordered the vehicle. PLUS, the fact it took them a week to put it into the system would of made me leave that dealer right then. They should of put in in GM work bench immediately and gave you the order number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Crow, maybe it's just terminology. You asked for the tracking number, and they replied there wa no way for you to track it.

1) Ask for the Production Order Number.
Or: My dealer actually gave me the pdf file of the orderworkbench, and it is called the "Order Detail #".
Or: Ask for the pdf of the workbench.

2) Tell him not to worry about how you will track it. You just want the number.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
yellolab said:
Crow, maybe it's just terminology. You asked for the tracking number, and they replied there wa no way for you to track it.

1) Ask for the Production Order Number.
Or: My dealer actually gave me the pdf file of the orderworkbench, and it is called the "Order Detail #".
Or: Ask for the pdf of the workbench.

2) Tell him not to worry about how you will track it. You just want the number.

Kevin
I'll give that a try, Kevin. I'll shoot him another email asking for the production order number or the order detail # (pdf of the workbench). If this doesn't work, a visit may be in order.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
My dealer wont give me the number either said that he has to call the factory to get the number. It is my understanding that that number is produced when the order is placed. Is that not correct? He said he will call me tomorrow and work out the details? I ordered my Terrain on 3/22/10 and they told me it would not be at the dealership until the middle of June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
There is no details. They put the order into GM workbench, give your order a priority in their allocation allotment and BAM, order is finished. IF they are trying to work out details almost two months AFTER your order then something is fishy. They dont need to call the factory to get the order, nor do they need to call ANYBODY. It is produced when the order is placed in the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
amberm72 said:
My dealer wont give me the number either said that he has to call the factory to get the number. It is my understanding that that number is produced when the order is placed. Is that not correct? He said he will call me tomorrow and work out the details? I ordered my Terrain on 3/22/10 and they told me it would not be at the dealership until the middle of June.
You are exactly correct and bball is right on the money. The production order number is produced the moment it is entered. Some salesmen do not have access to the system which produces the number but ALL GSM's do! Ask him for the number and as said here before, tell them not to worry about what you plan on doing with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Thank you guys both for getting back to me. I will let you know what happens tomorrow.
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top