GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my 2010 not have tpms in it's computer? Paid to have sensors installed on all four tires .... brought it to a Chevy dealer to have it programmed ... the tech said it can't be done 'cause my on board computer does not have tpms?? My wife's '07 has it but not my 2010 ??

·
Registered
337 Posts
TPMS is not mandated in Canada so you may, may not have the option. Every car in the US after 2008 is mandated to have TPMS.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its very rare that a vehicle that is sold and made for the US market does not get sold in Canada the same way. Airbags are another item that is not mandated for Canada as are DRL for the US market that GM just keeps for the sake of no extra costs. Really the only thing that Transport Canada needs to see is a Metric Speedo and the distance given in Km. For the Quebec Market a owners manual in French is to be made available and the icons on screen changed to symbols instead of easy to read words. Example would be Airbag off, in US and a picture of an airbag in Canada. The US system is far superior as some of these symbols are so bizarre and can cause problems and misunderstandings. The symbol for 4x4 on one of the most stupid. The easiest way to tell if a Car is to be sold in the Can Market is look for the RPO code Z49.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
20925924 21.513 SENSOR, TIRE PRESS IND (T/W NUT 15234846) (DOMESTIC 315 MHZ) L 2010 - 2012 04

from your vin , looks like you could use the GM accessories # 20925924 ( dealer install )

maybe double check with dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts