GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is by no means an advertisement for the tool, but I have found one that works when it comes time to relearn the tire positions after a rotation. I picked up a tipstool and it worked on my '11 Nox. The prices vary from place to place, but I searched and found it new for just over $70. I didn't need the extra connector to download updates for new models, so that made it even better. Just wanted to let you guys who rotate your own tires or change out wheels (with sensors of course) for the different seasons know of this find and let you know that it does indeed work on our vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Great! Can you bring it over next Saturday? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
You know you really dont need a re_learn tool right? The car has a built in procedure to relearn when you rotate the tires... Ive done it a few times.. Works perfect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
No offense, but for a lot less than $70, I could have told him what page to read in the owner's manual. RTFM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What page is it in the manual? Because all mine says is that you can purchase a relearn tool from the service department or have the dealer do it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
See 10-53 and 10-54 (2011 Manual) or 9-50 and 9-51 (2010 Manual).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
jmlock said:
What page is it in the manual? Because all mine says is that you can purchase a relearn tool from the service department or have the dealer do it for you.
For the 2011 Terrain models, its pages 10-60 and 10-61. I am posting them here because there may be a couple different versions out there and some may not contain these steps.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
RIT333 said:
No offense, but for a lot less than $70, I could have told him what page to read in the owner's manual. RTFM
I wouldve told him for $10. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why those dirty, rat bastards. ;D

That procedure is not in my manual. ****. LOL

Oh well, too late now. At least I don't have to deal with letting air out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
jmlock said:
Why those dirty, rat bastards. ;D

That procedure is not in my manual. ****. LOL

Oh well, too late now. At least I don't have to deal with letting air out.
That stinks - I would try to return the tool, if it were me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Na, I actually like the tool. No messing with airing down or up the tires this way. Plus it works on my Ford also. But its too bad they removed that from the manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I tried the procedure in the manual several times..didnt work. increasing and decreasing the air in the tires...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
wrusprod said:
I tried the procedure in the manual several times..didnt work. increasing and decreasing the air in the tires...
Same here with 2011, there is gotta be something that makes this work on some 2011 and not on some. I re-read the instruction multiple times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
equinox2 said:
Same here with 2011, there is gotta be something that makes this work on some 2011 and not on some. I re-read the instruction multiple times.
You have to bring the pressure down about 6 PSI, procedure not advised unless you own a compressor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I did it at a Tire store..took air down to almost nothing, then back up..it did again and nothing...so gave up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
wrusprod said:
I did it at a Tire store..took air down to almost nothing, then back up..it did again and nothing...so gave up.
Maybe the '11s don't have that feature so that the dealer can make more money !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Its in my owners manual. followed it, and followed it again...steps worked until the part with the changing the air pressure in the tire to get it to recognize the tire you are on. It didnt recognize..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RIT333 said:
Maybe the '11s don't have that feature so that the dealer can make more money !
That's what I'm wondering. Either that or they decided they didn't want people dropping the pressures and then driving to a place to get air. And knowing some people, they'd forget about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I just rotated the tires on my '10 Terrain and the manual method doesn't work. I pressed the menu button to access the tire pressure on the DIC, then pressed the clear button, then selected "yes" to enter relearn mode. Horn sounded twice, dropped pressure in left front until horn sounded and completed that procedure on the rest of them, then the horn sounded twice and it was done. Set the tires to the proper pressure and that was it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Ive done it on my 2010 Terain a couple of times and it has worked every time. It does say it may take a few seconds to recognize each wheel. I think up to a minute IIRC.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top