GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
yellolab said:
I figure its the same car as the V6, so what the difference in tow rating?
It's not the same car if it doesn't have the V6 and the stronger transmission that comes with it. You could probably make out OK with it but I would drive like you've got an egg under the accelerator with 1,000 more pounds than the rating on the hook.

· Registered
692 Posts
badfish said:
yeah, engine/transmission have nothing to do with stopping (at least thats what i think)

so how it stands i should have no concerns at all towing the 130 listed above? and should be fine with the bigger boat, just should be more careful?
Oh, I'm sorry. You were more worried about stopping than 'going'? I think the braking systems are the same so I would venture a guess that would be OK.

I was thinking more about the 'going'... and the strain on the engine/trans with the 4 towing 2,500 lbs.

· Registered
692 Posts
^ Don't you think that's kind of silly? I used to own an 18' boat and I'm sure it was over 1000 pounds and the trailer didn't even have brakes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.