GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from a 1500 mile trip from Michigan to North Carolina and back. Towed my Goldwing Motorcycle in my Charriot Trailer, combined weight about 2,000 pounds. The terrian V6, with the towing package performed fairley well. In the hills it seems to hunt for the right gear and often up shifts to soon. While using the manual trans the performance was much improved. Gas mileage averaged 16.5 MPG for the trip. I normally average 24.8, when not pulling the trailer.
Over all I was happy with the performance.

Bob

·
Registered
306 Posts
I also own a V6 Terrain, awd with a tow package. I towed our Scamp travel trailer about 2,000 miles and averaged just under 17mpg also. My Scamp, when loaded weighs in at 1800-2000 lbs. I have found as my Terrain gets "broken in" the torque seems to have increased quite a bit. I have just under 5k miles on it now and it seems to shift less going up grades and usually drops only 1 gear unless the grade is pretty steep. So far, I'm pleased with the Terrain as a tow vehicle--it's a keeper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds about right. I have 15,000 on my Terrain and it towed my R6S and single trailer just fine and did good but i wouldn't want to pull more than 1000lbs as a Truck gets better mileage pulling over that much weight.

G

·
Did just under 1300 mile trip. I kept all fuel receipts, and left on full. Filled back up to full once home. 100% of the time I had a sea doo attached on the rear, wtih tool box and gear (about 100-150lbs counting the box cause i carry 2 spare trailer tires, torque wrench to change if needed, spare jack, and parts if needed....I'm not a fan of trailer tires lol). Dry weight of the sea doo is 757lbs, trailer weights 265lbs w/o tool box.

With 75% of the travel on interstates, doing 65-75mph I averaged 21.18mpg for the entire trip. I am re-tuned, and do get much better than sticker. While on the interstate I drove in M5 most of the way because I do not like the tranny getting out of OD for climbs. Rarely would the tranny drop to 4th to pull up, this included on the trip having 3 other adults in the cabin, and the cargo area full of suitcases/gear. Pulled what I needed very nice. Over 50% of the miles on my Nox (6100miles) are pulling either sea doo, uhaul loaded with too much gear, or utility trailer around. It pulls very nice in the low weight category.

What does have me wondering on specifications though is this :)

SRX w/o factory aux tranny cooler 2500 max
SRX w/ factory aux tranny cooler 3500 max

Nox using same engine/tranny 3500 max (no aux cooler option), and its not a direct fit, the lines are completely different or I would have it already installed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts