GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I planned on towing my wife's Nox behind my Chevy Avalanche last weekend. I reserved a car carrier from U-Haul. My truck could not pull it due to the Nox not being lined up over the car carrier wheels. The Nox was to far to the front, so put most of the weight on the Avalanche. This was for a 350 mile trip, but I will being about a 1,200 mile trip coming up in about 4 months. I figured with an U-Haul tow dolly there would not be the excess weight on my truck. Then I saw several vehicles (not Nox's) being pulled with just tow bars.

Has anyone pulled their Nox with a Chevy pickup with either a tow dolly or tow bar.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you read the owners manual I believe you'll find that both the awd and the 2 wheel drive can be pulled with all 4 wheels on the ground. You'll need to pull fuse #32 ( at least that's the number on the Terrain), put the tranny in "N" and the key in the accessory position ( one click from off). It's all covered on the owners manual. Good luck, Ron

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

I ended up buying a new Toyota Tundra and was going to pull the Nox on a Uhaul dolly. The Nox would not fit as the tires was overhanging the strap-down area. So my wife had to drive it instead.

What other options are there out there? We move about every 2 years and would prefer to pull the Nox instead of my wife following me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts