GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at the dealers yesterday picking up some splash guards I had ordered for my Terrain, when I noticed a card on the back counter with a bunch of touch-up paint bottles stuck on it. I asked if he had in stock paint for my Terrain. He said he would check on the computer...well long story short...the same paint had 3 or 4 different names depending on which GM computer program locator he was on. The silver (Quicksilver metallic) that I have wasn't even listed as a color. He said to check in the glovebox...there is a sticker with all the optons listed on that particular vehicle....the last one is the exterior paint. Im my case it was WA 636R I believe, and that was the number on the touch up paint. It also said a couple other numbers along with Switchblade Silver as the name of the color. Soooo...when you go and get your touch up paint..be sure to copy down the last number/letter group on your sticker and tell the parts guy you want that number.

I also asked about a locking gas cap....he said not available....yet. You'd think that the Terrain would have an inside latch...hell, even the cheapo cars got that!! He did say that I could get a stainless gas 'door' if I wanted, but I passed.

The splashs guard look nice....hopefully this weekend I'll get time to install them.

Dan in Illinois

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Had the same problem checking into touch up paint, knock on wood won't need it for a long time, but good idea to get some now while the paint supplier can still match it 99%.
The paint will vary over time depending on the supplier and who happens to be mixing that day.
Natural clear coat weathering will also show color variation compared to brand new.
Some suppliers are offering "coloured clear coats" now, believe it or not!
Awesome!

You'll love the splash guards, we got the rear ones only but will probably get the front as well.
Stylish, durable look/feel and very functional (of course).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
monaco said:
On my Terrain when the doors are locked so is the fuel lid. This would make a locking gas cap unecessary.
Great info!
Thanks for sharing monaco!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Post some pics of the mudguards when you guys get them installed. Seems like a very worthwhile addition to an already great lookin' vehicle. Let us know how well they work.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Islander said:
Post some pics of the mudguards when you guys get them installed. Seems like a very worthwhile addition to an already great lookin' vehicle. Let us know how well they work.
Will do, have rears guards only.
Will get shots from a few angles.

·
Registered
239 Posts
monaco said:
On my Terrain when the doors are locked so is the fuel lid. This would make a locking gas cap unecessary.
So I went out to the garage to try this and mine is not the same, my fuel door opens regardless of the door locks.
Mine is an SLE and I live in Canada so if you live in the States or drive an SLT that could explain the difference, unless one of us is mistaken.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You know, here I sit reading all these posts from you lucky folks who already have the vehicle sitting in the driveway! My Terrain is scheduled for a build next week....can't wait. Thanks for keeping us who wait informed and ready to go!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
monaco said:
Negative, not on mine. Are you sure yours does this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I check mine...eveh with the doors locked, alarm set, etc...the fuel door can still be opened. And the mud guards, I installed them last night...look good!! I gotta find the camera and take a few pics ...but somebody has to tell me how to post them here....H E L P !

Dan

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
9Tango said:
I check mine...eveh with the doors locked, alarm set, etc...the fuel door can still be opened. And the mud guards, I installed them last night...look good!! I gotta find the camera and take a few pics ...but somebody has to tell me how to post them here....H E L P [/color] !

Dan
There is a thread on how to post pictures here somewhere.
Essentially, when posting a reply or starting a thread, scroll down and you'll see "additional Options" on the left side.
Expand it and you'll see the option to attach a file or image.
Select one from your PC and upload it, that's it!
:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry everyone. The info I gave on this forum I got from the dealer before I bought my Terrain. When I saw the posts this morning about everyones Terrain and their fuel door doesn't lock I tried mine. Guess what? It doesn't lock either. I believed a salesman. Shame on me. Again, sorry.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
monaco said:
Sorry everyone. The info I gave on this forum I got from the dealer before I bought my Terrain. When I saw the posts this morning about everyones Terrain and their fuel door doesn't lock I tried mine. Guess what? It doesn't lock either. I believed a salesman. Shame on me. Again, sorry.
No need to be sorry, Monaco!!!
At least you posted back and that's what counts the most.

We're shopping for a used car for our oldest teen and have a checklist of things to ask the sellers.
We'd be lucky to remember 2/3 of the questions because each experience has it's own quirks and distractions.

Point being, when you're at a dealer, there's a million things you want to ask and test, but in all the excitement it's easy to forget and the really good salespeople are soooooo slick, they can divert your attention in a heartbeat if they want to get out of a sticky situation.

Absolutely nothing against car salespeople today!
IMO, 99.9% are honest to goodness professionally trained people that want to see you walk away happy so you come back again.
They don't like being called about problems just as much as you don't like experiencing them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
and there is the fact that they are so new that in many cases the salespeople haven't had time to explore the vehicle.

My salesman was thrilled when I went back a few days after I bought it and showed him all the "features" that I discovered playing with the NAV screens, etc.

In my case, he was very upfront when he didn't know an answer and tried to get the right answer.
indeed.
Matter of fact, I had been asking our salesman for PDF manuals for the Terrain since last October.
He looked round but couldn't find any.
He was thrilled when I e-mailed him copies that I found here in the forums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts