GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
221 - 221 of 221 Posts
Ralphalph said:
I hope you aren't this touchy with everyone you meet. Although, I do agree with you that it is a obnoxious to have to respond to an advertisement for a car wash and a credit card in order to purchase gas.

AND, people are no more or less honest today than they were when you were a pup, there was just no other option for the gas station owners. It was expected that you could fill first and then pay. Now 90% of people pay with a credit card, so why take the risk? Also there was less competition and fewer taxes on the sale of gas, so there was less of a need to maximize every sale, or create a high-markup convenience store (the actual profit center for many stations) that must be continuously staffed at the cost of better service at the pump.

I disagree. I think people were a lot more honest back in the day then they are now. Besides gas was cheap then - no need to ride off without paying. And before that most stations had someone come out to fill your tank and collect the money = the good ol' days. :cheers:

"I hope you aren't this touchy with everyone you meet" I would be if they were as obnoxious and irritating as those pumps. Fortunately most people don't waste my time asking me questions before giving me something.
I stopped at a Mobil station yesterday and will get my gas there from now on. All I have to do is swipe my Speedpass across the display and start pumping gas - NO MORE PLAYING 20 QUESTIONS. :thumb:

221 - 221 of 221 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.