GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for the last couple of weeks, my parents have been car hunting, considering both my sister and I drive, and they needed a new car to replace one of theirs, so they figured might as well get something we all like..

My sister wanted to buy the 2010 NOX herself, after she realized the VW Beetle payments were to high. I, as a young adult/old teenager, Id prefer a sportier, powerful car, but I agreed to the 2010 NOX. My dad is a Chevy fan, so anything slides with him, as long as its roomy, and my Mom is my Mom, she is open minded.

Anyways, last Saturday we finally finalized a deal on a 2010 NOX. Now, keep in mind, we couldnt ORDER a NOX, considering they are out of production, because they are now working on the 2011s. The Chevy plant was dividing up all the 2010 NOXs they had left at their plant, and shipping them out to every dealer ship in Canada (or NA, not sure). The dealership we bought from, and the ones around us were unsure which they were getting. Remember, the more options we wanted/the more picky we were, the harder it would have been to get the model we wanted.

We wanted the 1LT with jet black interior. Now, my sister wanted white, and I wanted black (I love white cars, but with the chrome and the bottom trim on the NOX, the white is ugly IMO). They had a white 1LT NOX, with the white ugly interior, with the Interface package, and 18" rims. They also had a Black Metallic 1LT with the jet black interior and interface package. I figured it was on lot, interface package is useful, lets see what I can do. So I told my parents that its on lot, and instead of waiting around for the one we want, might as well grab this. I talked them into the interface package and how useful it is (bluetooth (with the new law), remote starter etc).. The MAIN reason I wanted Interface was for the USB. Young adults need their music :).. So before we even looked into colours and models, I knew I wanted a black NOX with Interface, and since it was on lot, I worked my magic. I got the black paint colour fee waved. I told the seller, its on lot, we will take it out of your hands if we get the fee waved off, and he did so.

Tomorrow we are picking up our 2010 1LT Black Metallic NOX with jet black interior and the interface package.

Asking price was $30,000, we brought it down to $26,5000 (my mom had a mastercard that gave us $1500 off a brand new GM car) with the paint waved off.

I think we got an awesome price, considering they are stiff with prices because they are selling so fast.

I will put pictures up hopefully tomorrow, if not, expect them on the weekend.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congats on the new Nox. I didn't think ordering a 2010 was stopped? As a matter of fact I heard that the Cami plant was still working 2 or 3 shifts a day including Saturdays to fill the Equinox orders. But I guess that's to fill existing orders.

I agree that white does little for the Nox and both the white and silver hide the chrome. The interface package is awesome and I hope you also got the Pioneer upgrade because that's even more awesome. The standard sound system is a little weak whereas IMO the Pioneer system is very good with deep bass and clear mids and highs, especially when you run your iPod or other MP3 into it. Personally I like the black/titanium interior since black/black just seemed too "black".

$26,500 is a very good price for a 1LT with VIP and 18's. We got our 1LT with XM, Pioneer, VIP and cargo cover for $29,500 less $1000, less $500 (Visa points) which totaled $27,000 plus we get the $750 GM maintenance card. Mind you we ordered ours exactly in the color and with the options we wanted so I expected that I should pay more than one on the lot.

Everyone in your family will no doubt enjoy driving the new Nox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

We got the paint, Interface package for $26,5. No 18s, that was on the white one. We are Canadian, so thats prob why the price is higher then American price.

We didnt get the pioneer upgrade, and TBH, I was bumping the demo's speaker system, and it was nice. Nice bass, had clarity and what not, I enjoyed it.

In Canada, we get free XM, On* and other things periodically. Id take it that in the states you got to pay for that to even have it? We get it free for a certain period of time for trial, then afterwards, we have the option to pay monthly.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Good for you and your Family, Pretz!
8)
You should consider a career in sales LOL, j/k!
Can't wait to see the pics and may the 'Nox bring you years of happiness (if you can pry the keys away from your sister LOL)!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gearhead said:
Good for you and your Family, Pretz!
8)
You should consider a career in sales LOL, j/k!
Can't wait to see the pics and may the 'Nox bring you years of happiness (if you can pry the keys away from your sister LOL)!
Thanks!

LOL, generally women are more spoiled then men, so I already know she will take the truck more then I will, and she will win the fights, because I am Mr. NiceGuy, and usually back down. All good, hard working summers of work, by next summer I will be grabbing myself a VW Golf GTI. My parents dont believe in buying cars for us, they want us to have responsibilities, and I dont blame them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pretz said:
Thanks!

We got the paint, Interface package for $26,5. No 18s, that was on the white one. We are Canadian, so thats prob why the price is higher then American price.

We didnt get the pioneer upgrade, and TBH, I was bumping the demo's speaker system, and it was nice. Nice bass, had clarity and what not, I enjoyed it.

In Canada, we get free XM, On* and other things periodically. Id take it that in the states you got to pay for that to even have it? We get it free for a certain period of time for trial, then afterwards, we have the option to pay monthly.
We're in Canada too and we're running the free XM & On* during the trial period. The XM is not standard on a 1LT. It's a $260 option. The Pioneer upgrade is $435 which already includes and requires the XM. I did buy the 120 minutes/1 year hands free with On* because it was only $24 the first time. I won't extend the calling plan since the Bluetooth in the Nox works well with my cell.

If you like music and had the chance to sit in a Nox with the Pioneer system it may make you cry that you didn't get it. Did the demo unit have it?

Pretz said:
LOL, generally women are more spoiled then men, so I already know she will take the truck more then I will, and she will win the fights, because I am Mr. NiceGuy, and usually back down. All good, hard working summers of work, by next summer I will be grabbing myself a VW Golf GTI. My parents dont believe in buying cars for us, they want us to have responsibilities, and I dont blame them.
Yes the women will want and have the Nox the most. I don't get to drive ours much except on long trips together. You're much like I was when I was young and my parents made me work for everything. They never gave me a car but always helped out a little. I am thankful that they taught me these responsibilities.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pretz said:
Thanks!

I will be grabbing myself a VW Golf GTI.
I thought in your first post you said you wanted something more powerful.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grometsc said:
I thought in your first post you said you wanted something more powerful.....
LOL, more powerful then a 2010 NOX, and more powerful then most cars out there.. I should have known better that people take everything so literal.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pretz said:
LOL, more powerful then a 2010 NOX, and more powerful then most cars out there.. I should have known better that people take everything so literal.
VS the nox sure But.....

The GTI is the slowest car in its class of compact sport...Reason I said I thought you wanted something more powerful. Thats all I was saying. Its sad VW can only muster 200hp out of its TURBO 2.0L, while the other brands are easily pushing 250-290 in the same class.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats!

I'm very curious where you got this information that 2010 production has ended. I don't believe it! :eek: I have one on order (only since late April) that is moving through the system with no indication that that is so!

·
Registered
297 Posts
marylandnox said:
Congrats!

I'm very curious where you got this information that 2010 production has ended. I don't believe it! :eek: I have one on order (only since late April) that is moving through the system with no indication that that is so!
Same with us. Late April order that is in the system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We just pulled in, and I got the bluetooth already working!! Im not going to lie, great ride, I drove it already!

Pics will be up sometime this weekend.

They said we cant put in any ORDERS because they are no longer taking any orders to produce more, because of the 2011 model production. Obviously the orders that were already put through are going to continue to be produced.

EDIT: Well, thats what our salesperson told us anyways, maybe that dealership them selves werent taking orders.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Pretz said:
We just pulled in, and I got the bluetooth already working!! Im not going to lie, great ride, I drove it already!

Pics will be up sometime this weekend.

They said we cant put in any ORDERS because they are no longer taking any orders to produce more, because of the 2011 model production. Obviously the orders that were already put through are going to continue to be produced.

EDIT: Well, thats what our salesperson told us anyways, maybe that dealership them selves werent taking orders.
Excellent congrats!

Remember 2011 models generally are for sale in late August, early Sept. or so.
It makes sense then that orders for 2010's are about at their tail end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts