GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All excited to own 2012 GMC Terrain SLT-1.
Had a test drive yesterday and absolutely love the 2012 as compared to 2011.
The new 7" audio display with rear view camera display in it is cool. The lane change alert and few other techie stuff are also added features.
For extra $1000 got a 2012 vehicle with latest technology as compared to 2011.

Sticker mpg is 20/29. Hope it gives atleast 18+, as I believe no make or car in this world delivers whats written on the sticker.

I wil post more details when I get my 2012 car on road and also some snaps for you guys.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,529 Posts
Good luck, and enjoy the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Pictures !!! You have had it long enough to get a few pictures by now... :cheers: Unless you are to busy driving !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Jeez I had no idea how new these 2012's were until I started coming to this forum. I got mine the same day as yours and I must've got mine right off the truck. Checking GM's inventory, I believe I got the only specimen in CBM color currently available in my region!

You're right about the vehicle. For the price you really can't beat the features + size + decent gas mileage. It's funny because my wife and I went up to the GMC/Buick dealership to get our Pontiac G5 inspected and then terminate the lease, but we ended up trading in my 08 Impreza-5 for the Terrain and refinancing the G5!

IMO the only thing good about my Impreza was its resale value which cut down the truck loan. The knocky motor (especially when humid) lacked jump and crappy auto tranny was thoroughly confused in city driving. Conversely the Terrain feels just like I'm driving the G5 with similar power plant, etc.

Standard features on my base model Terrain can't be beat, as there was a laundry list of stuff that I couldn't get in my Premium trim Impreza.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
The dealer's website shows my 2012 GMC Terrain as "In Transit"--calling them now and waiting to hear back about the final price. Can't wait! :thumb: ;D :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Check your carbon black paint, on all 3 parts of a sunny day. On mine, I discovered that around the top "seam" of the rear fender flares, the part of the flares that are on the rear pass doors looks like they're missing a full coat there (you can see primer through the paint and clear coat). They will need to paint-match it to the body portion of the flare that's over the wheel.

I'm going up tomorrow to have this taken care of. My GM dealer has a full service body shop with an Enterprise rental office in it. I'll miss my Terrain for however long it takes them to get it right. A loaner would be nice but I don't think they'll hook me up there. haha

That aside, I'm confident that this will be the best general purpose vehicle you've purchased to date, as you'll be amazed at how it dials itself in through the break-in period.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Mine came in today. Dealer is doing inspections, putting on a protective undercoat and paint protection coat, mud guards, and etching the VIN in the windows. Should get it Friday or Saturday just b/c of my work schedule. I can't wait!!!


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Savage Messiah said:
Check your carbon black paint, on all 3 parts of a sunny day. On mine, I discovered that around the top "seam" of the rear fender flares, the part of the flares that are on the rear pass doors looks like they're missing a full coat there (you can see primer through the paint and clear coat). They will need to paint-match it to the body portion of the flare that's over the wheel.

I'm going up tomorrow to have this taken care of. My GM dealer has a full service body shop with an Enterprise rental office in it. I'll miss my Terrain for however long it takes them to get it right. A loaner would be nice but I don't think they'll hook me up there. haha

That aside, I'm confident that this will be the best general purpose vehicle you've purchased to date, as you'll be amazed at how it dials itself in through the break-in period.
This can happen with any paint color. Thanks for the warning!


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,529 Posts
ADubH said:
Mine came in today. Dealer is doing inspections, putting on a protective undercoat and paint protection coat, mud guards, and etching the VIN in the windows. Should get it Friday or Saturday just b/c of my work schedule. I can't wait!!!
Sounds like you went for the "Dealer Markup Package". A very popular option on cars with a high demand !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
RIT333 said:
Sounds like you went for the "Dealer Markup Package". A very popular option on cars with a high demand !
Thanks for the useful information.


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I didnt know they still did the protective undercoat!!.. :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I work nights but I got my Terrain on 9/3 before I went to work.

Loving it so far except the back passenger side window was scratched during delivery. Dealership has ordered new window and in the meantime I'm loving it.


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top