GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Equinox AWD Turbo and need new tires. My husband wants to put on raised white letter tires. Does anyone know what the vehicle would look like with this type of tire? I had a Jeep prior to my equinox and it had raised white letter ties and it looked good but it was a Jeep.

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can't tell you what it would look like but these days it's probably going to be hard to find a passenger car tire in your size with raised white letters. Your Jeep undoubtedly had A/T tires where the raised white letters are fairly common.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Equinox AWD Turbo and need new tires. My husband wants to put on raised white letter tires. Does anyone know what the vehicle would look like with this type of tire? I had a Jeep prior to my equinox and it had raised white letter ties and it looked good but it was a Jeep.

Thanks
I took a quick look online and did not find any visulizers for tires. You may want to contact one of the bigger tire stores and see what they have. I saw raised white letter tires for vintage muscle cars and trucks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That look was fine on my old Ford Explorer but then that was a true body on frame SUV with decent ground clearance. I don't think it would look good on any CUV other than perhaps the Jeep models.

·
Registered
455 Posts
As others have said, if you have the 19" tires on your Equinox finding tires with the white letters will be impossible (unless you get one of those do-it-yourself white lettering kits.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2019 Equinox AWD Turbo and need new tires. My husband wants to put on raised white letter tires. Does anyone know what the vehicle would look like with this type of tire?
Yes, it would look like schit.

Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
The vehicle looks like a truck but rides like a car. I don't think it would look right. Furthermore, make sure you get an alignment and check the tire pressure every 30 days. I have a 2019, 22K and my tires are looking good still. Matter of fact had my alignment checked and wheels balanced yesterday and was good, was just being proactive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts