GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 06 Nox, what are the maximum size tires and rims that can be put on without causing any obstructions or turning issues?

·
Registered
441 Posts
why are you asking tires and rims? usually people just want to know biggest rim.....im sure you could fit 20's on there, if not 22's with some stretched out rubber bands on them.....

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was wonder the width more so that the height of the tire. Like putting 50's or 60's all the way around rather that the stock. Trying to make it a little stocky.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Otown said:
i was wonder the width more so that the height of the tire. Like putting 50's or 60's all the way around rather that the stock. Trying to make it a little stocky.
Your width is going to be the first number on the tire (235, 245, ex.).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Otown said:
width of the rim, or tire? your mentioning aspect ratio....which is a ration tire height to the width...

rim width is measured in inches....from that you find the proper tire....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Otown said:
Factory size on my NOX is a 235-60x17.

That equates to 235mm wide, sidewall aspect is 60% of the tire width. (141mm tall)

17" rim diameter.

You could go to a 245-50x17 and have more width, and maintain the same height, as to not change speedo readings.

The issue with the NOX is the front strut housings/lower spring perches are seriously close to the stock tire width, unless you replace the rims with a rim with less inset, and more offset from the hub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts