GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you keeping your Terrain's tire pressure per the GMC recommendations (I think it's 35 psi all around). I always inflate a little higher the specs. I recently inflated to 36 psi but might go to 37 next time.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No, I keep mine at 32. Even a few pounds seems to cause my Terrain to ride better... less harsh.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I keep mine at 33psi all the way around...seems to be my sweet spot for ride/handling.

·
Registered
635 Posts
DavidPJ said:
Are you keeping your Terrain's tire pressure per the GMC recommendations (I think it's 35 psi all around). I always inflate a little higher the specs. I recently inflated to 36 psi but might go to 37 next time.
I'm with you. I keep mine at 37. Anything less it feels more and more squidgy. At 32 psi I would feel like I am dragging a millstone. ;D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Don't go to much over 35 or under 35. Over will wear the center of the tread and under will wear the outside of the tread. When gas went through the roof a few years ago I ran 42 all the way around on the trailblazer. It was awesome on gas but the middle tread wore down 2-3 32's then the other parts of the tire tread. :'(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ours stays at 38. Vehicle rides MUCH better in both the dry and wet. Not to mention it doesnt feel like a marshmallow.

Mind you, we are on the smaller wheels. I would never try 38 in the 19s. Itll probably shake your fillings out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Ours stays at 38. Vehicle rides MUCH better in both the dry and wet. Not to mention it doesnt feel like a marshmallow.

Mind you, we are on the smaller wheels. I would never try 38 in the 19s. Itll probably shake your fillings out.
I'm on 18's and keep them at 37-38 all the time. It "pitches" less on highway curves and is quite a nice ride otherwise. FYI, wife has MAJOR back issues and pain issues and she is very happy with the ride at that PSI.

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Terrain said:
Your sig says otherwise.
Not enough coffee this morning, brain went to mud for a sec. Good catch.

·
Registered
441 Posts
note: tire size matters, not your rim size.....you could be on 20" rims with 245/60/20's

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
gar187er said:
note: tire size matters, not your rim size.....you could be on 20" rims with 245/60/20's
But....what is the size for the 19" rims?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts