GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Tell me how to activate the new tire pressure sensors? I bought a used one. I put the disks on the cars, and I have an error that the pressure sensors are not active. As it is written in the book I did activate - it did not help
Chevrolet Equinox 2.4 2015

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Some of the new sensors- can only be activated with the relearn tool. (once in the relearn screen).
The older ones- would be activated by letting air out- or putting air on.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I’ve got a 2015 and you need the tool. I paid $100 for it back when I 1st bought my Nox, but I think they’re down to $20-$30 now...or you can probably go to your local tire installer and pay them the $20 to do it...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
The relearn tool will also only work if the sensors are transmitting at the correct frequency. If using an aftermarket sensor that is not transmitting at either 315MHz or 433MHz, the tool may not be able to read them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys, I guess I will buy sensor reader and I will solve this issue

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
do you know the part # for the sensor you have?
What Arcee said is correct.
Ive only bought AC DELCO sensors.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Looks like it has 315 MHz stamped right on it, so you should be good with the tool...

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've been using a cheap knockoff on my fleet for a few years now. At $12 it's been a deal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had one that would not initialize when I put my snow tires/wheels on last month.. The tires/wheels are only one year old so I was pretty sure the battery wasn't dead but who knows.. I bought the tire/wheel combo from tirerack.com... I tapped the tire and wheel with a rubber mallet by the valve stem, still no go.. Drove the car around the block, came back and tried the learn tool again, this time it worked and continues to work w/o issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got one of the $15 units from Amazon. Had it two years now and haven't had a problem. Just have to make sure the battery is good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone. I bought such a device as in the 4th post, but the sensors are not trained. tell me what options are still there? thank

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Battery dead on the used sensor possibly...
...or they’re not the correct sensor on the correct frequency...
I bought new sensors when I put my 20” Camaro rims on at 100 miles. That was 6 years ago and 140K miles ago, but the batteries do eventually die from what I understand. The sensors are always on until they die, so it just depends on how old they were when you installed them...

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
how are you holding the device to the sensor?
this makes a difference.

I had a post on the impala forum on how to hold the device on the tirewall--- and how NOT to hold it.
well those pictures now show up on tons of online auction for the tool.
they make no mention of which one is the right and wrong way to hold

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know how old the sensors are. because I bought last year, and what year of release remains a mystery. you are probably right to change them because of the batteries. I hold the device and point the spout into the rubber near the disc. do you have a photo how to hold it correctly?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I actually touch the tip of my tool to the rim right where the valve stem is...and no, that’s not code for anything 😂

...so just to be sure it’s not the tool, you’re putting it into program mode, programming each tire, the horn honks to confirm each sensor, but then when you get to this one, you can’t get the horn to honk to confirm?

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
HA! typed in EL 50448 into google, look for images- and someone is selling the tool- with my pictures-- on Walmart.
they did photoshop OUT, the tools original logo..
anyways---
the picture on TOP right--- thats the WRONG way to do it. In my case- Ive never gotten a sensor to relearn that way.
Bottom right- is the CORRECT way to do it. lay the device flat on tire wall- with antenna tip very close/touching the valve stem.
Those are my hands and our now sold Impala.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
That's now the first time that someone has used one of your photos, as I recall, right ? You need to take crappy pictures like me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts